14

I flutter my eyes open and lean up to look around. Seems like I'm the first one up today, I stand up and make my way towards the kitchen looking for food. I look up and notice Noah walking towards the door.

"Good morning Noah. Where are you going?" I ask he stops in his tracks and walks over to me grabbing a pancake bite off my plate. I roll my eyes and laugh at him.

"I'm going out to talk to someone. I have a run today so incase I don't make it back-" I cut him off.

"Noah you're going to make it back. You always do so stop with the nonsense. Give me a hug right now and then get out of here and get busy." I give him a hug and he walks back to the door.

"Since when are you the boss of me? I'm older than you." He smiles, I chuck a roll of paper towels at him.

"Get out loser." He looks down and smiles before exiting the house. I grab me a pancake bite and pop it into my mouth. Suddenly a sleepy Carl appears by the doorway, he leans against the frame rubbing his eyes before yawning.

"Ooo, pancake bites. Gimme." He runs over and grabs a few and stuffs them in his mouth like a child. I giggle and motion for him to come over to me. I hop up on the counter and make him walk to where he was between my thighs.

"Let me fix your hair it's a mess." I run my fingers through his hair gently calming the mess before me. "There all better." He leans in to kiss me his mouth half filled with food, I place my finger on his mouth, "Swallow first."

"Aren't I supposed to be saying that to you princess?" I widen my eyes and playfully slap his chest.

"Carl Grimes. You and that mouth is going to get you in trouble one day." He smiles and chews his food and swallows it, he grabs my face in his hands and places a gentle kiss onto my lips.

"One more?" He begs. I giggle and place my lips onto his once more before pulling away.

"Okay move so I can get down." He shakes his head, his hands gripping my thighs.

"One more please, then I'll do as you say." I place my hands on each side of his face and pull him into a long kiss before pulling away once more. He finally moves and I hop down.

"I was thinking about going on that run with Noah and them." I say eating some more.

"Hell no. I told you, you're not going unless I go." He says leaning against the countertop. I groan and walk up to him with a pout on my face. He looks as if he was about to give in but instead he leans closer to my face, "No." He smiles and walks off.

I'm not going to make him mad so I guess I'll stay here and see if I can help Maggie with anything.  I finish my last few bites and walk out the door, I wave to the people as I pass by their houses. I notice Maggie talking to Deanna in front of her house.

I make my way over and greet the both of them. "Well hello Sarah, you're up early today. You usually sleep in."

"Well I heard about the run and I was going to go but decided not to this round. Is there anything I can help you guys with?" They both shake their heads.

"But if you want to stay with me you can, I can show you what I do for my job." Maggie smiles and pulls me beside her. I nod my head and smile. I follow them both into the house and sit with them.

(Time skip)

Maggie stands up and motions me to follow her downstairs, she sits at a desk and looks over some papers of some sort.

"Shit. Sarah I forgot my pen up there will you go and grab it?" I nod and walk up the stairs but stop at the top when I hear Gabriel's voice.

"Rick... his group... they are not good people I've seen them do things. Unspeakable things."

"Thank you Gabriel I have a lot to think about now."

"I just hope I wasn't too late." His irritating voice seems to echo out loud. I can feel my blood boiling, how dare he do this to us? After we saved his pathetic ass. I wait a few seconds before walking up and grabbing her pen and running back down stairs.

"Hey Maggie what do you think about Gabriel?"

"He's okay. Why?"

"No reason I was just wondering." She raises and eyebrow at me and begins to work again.

"I'm going to see if Glenn and them are back yet, it's been hours." I take back off up the stairs and outside. I notice their van parked out front and run to it giving Glenn a hug, I notice Tara being carried out and taken to the doctors.

"Holy fuck what happened? Is she okay." Glenn slowly nods his head tears brimming his eyes. I look around for Noah, I am so excited to see him again.

"Where's Noah?" I question looking back at Glenn, the tears begin to fall from his face. I give him a look of confusion before it hits me. "No. No. No, he didn't, tell me he didn't Glenn please." He grabs me and hugs me as I let the tears fall down my cheeks.

I was just talking to him this morning and now he's gone. I cling onto Glenn tighter, at this point he's basically holding me up. I pull away and wipe my tears, I make my way back to the house stifling my sobs in my hands.

I open the door and walk in, Carl was sitting in the living room reading a comic. He looks over at me and stands up running.

"Princess what's wrong?" I colapse into his arms and let out a cluster of sobs.

"Noah.. He's.. He's dead." His eyes widen and he picks me up and carries me to the couch laying me down he raises my head up and lays it down on his lap. He starts to run his fingers through my hair trying to calm me down.

"It's okay. I'm here for you." He whispers as he continues playing with my hair. My body has overheated with exhaustion and all I want to do is cry. I feel my eyes begin to flutter shut, I try to fight sleep off the best I can but fail. The last thing I hear is Carl mumbling something, but I can't make out what it was.