57

I turn back around and climb into the truck, leaving a questioning Carl behind. My dad slams the door shut and slaps his hands together happily before walking around and jumping in the drivers seat.

"Let's catch up." He says as he points at my seatbelt ordering me to put it on without even saying it. I slowly reach my left hand across me and pull it over before buckling in. "Tell me everything." He says as he starts the truck.

I watch Carl through the mirror and watch his figure get smaller and smaller until it disappears from my view. "What do you wanna know?" I ask leaning my head against the window.

I sigh as I watch the leaves stir as we pass by, the trees slightly sway with the wind. For the sun to be out and bright it sure was as cold as shit. Everything seemed to be at ease outside, a perfect sunny day. I think the coldness of our hearts is what froze it over.

"How did you end up with them?" He asks interrupting my thoughts, I close my eyes as I let myself fall back into my memories. I slightly smile at the thought of Glenn's face when he found me, a slight smile across it as he realized he finally got to save someone.

"The man.." I pause, "The hero you killed in cold blood saved my life at this place called Terminus. They were going to rape me, then kill me, and eat me." I say truthfully, I wanted him to get in on all the gory details. "Glenn, the second man you killed. He saved me, I wouldn't of been here without him. The first man, his name was Abe. He's the reason we all got out of there alive." I say as I continue staring out my window.

The truck stays silent for a few minutes before dad speaks up again, "At least you're alive." I close my eyes and take a deep breath before shaking my head of my thoughts.

"I'm alive because of them." I whisper as I clutch on my charm, as much as I wanted to take it off because it represented Negan. I couldn't. Cause it also represented Glenn. "Couldn't you of least of let me stayed for their burial?" I ask quietly.

"No." He answers harshly, "We have our own business to attend to. I'm going to teach you the way of the new world. You're going to become stronger so this doesn't happened to you again." He says grilling the steering wheel slightly.

"This wouldn't of happened to me the first time if you weren't such an asshole." I grumble crossing my arms across my chest angrily. He sighs heavily as he checks up in his review mirror 

"You either eat shit or serve it. I rather serve mine." I stay quiet after his little remark. I had nothing more to say to him at this point, I didn't even want to talk to him in the first place but here I was.

"The kid." He says as he stares back at the graveled road in front of us, the truck slightly shakes jarring me back and forth in my seat.

"Carl." I correct him quickly still not sparing him a glance. He nods his head slowly as he leans his hand back to his head and scratches it slightly. "What about him?" I ask.

"Is he your boyfriend or something?" I laugh in disbelief before shaking my head and laying it back against the window softly. I notice a few walkers emerging from the woods, their clothing tattered and torn completely.

"As if I would tell you. You can't just waltz into my life and expect me to give you my whole life story. Just stick to the parts you remember and stay out of the rest." I look up ahead of me and notice a small town, my dad pulls off to the side and parks. "What are we doing?"

"Get out, I still search for my own stuff." He says grabbing his gun and slinging his door open so hard I thought the bolts would break. Without wanting to upset him anymore, I grab my knife and open my door jumping out. "Stay close." He orders.

I roll my eyes in protest, "I can handle myself. I have for the past nine years without you." I utter before pushing myself in front of him, I walk up to the door of a store and knock on the door three times before leaning back and waiting.

"Who taught you that?" He asks once he places himself next to me. I scoot away a smidge ignoring his question as I wait for something or someone to make a noise. "Don't be like that." He mumbles.

"Oh yeah. I should be happy shouldn't I? Be talking up a storm. Sorry I just went through a shit storm, I don't feel like being all sunshine and rainbows right now." I state before hearing groaning coming from behind the door.

The dust is swept away from a walkers hand dragging downwards giving me a bit of a view into the store, I put my hand on the door handle and start to open it before being jerked back. "Just wait." I scoff in response and jerk my hand away from him.

"Do me a favor and stay the hell out of my way." I push the door open as the walker makes its way around I quickly stab my knife through its thin skull, jerking it out and slinging blood onto my face. "You've done enough killing for one day." I mutter to him as I step over the rotted corpse.

He quietly follows behind me, once he's not in front of people he shows off the coward he truly is. I look around and grab a few cans of food from the floor stashing them in my bag. I wasn't doing this for him, but for me. To hell with him.

"That looks good." He says as I pick up yet another can and toss it into my bag, I lean over and grab some random comics lying on the ground and stuff them in my bag as well.

"You're not getting any of it. It's for me. And my family when I get out of your hellhole." I sigh as I sit down in a chair in the corner, suddenly a hand reaches out and grabs my hair. Groans can be heard as two walkers walk around, I widen my eyes and start to fight them off the best I could.

I manage to kick one of them down but then trip over boxes and fall making the other fall on top of me, their hand still tangled in my hair. I feel across the floor for my knife with one hand as my other is placed against its neck.

The walker I had kicked down was now crawling towards me at an eerie pace, I use my foot to kick it back again. Finally my hand finds my knife, I grab it with a shaking hand and stab the walker on top of me. I sling it off of my just in time to scoot away from the other one, I stand up and walk over to it before slamming my foot onto its head repeatedly.

Blood shoots out everywhere, landing on the floor, walls, and me. Once there was nothing left of it's head I turn and face my dad holding my hands up in the air. "What the hell?" I ask in disbelief.

"You said you could handle yourself and to stay the hell out of your way. I did."