89

He coughs up some more blood as he stares at me through swollen eyes. "Help." He mumbles out. I lean down onto to be jerked back up by the hem of my shirt. I turn around with wide eyes as I stare at dad.

"Dad please. Don't do this to him. He's weak, you know he can't fight against you." I plead. Dad shrugs his shoulder and let's go of me. "Get a doctor or something!" I yell as I fall to my knees, I help pull Eugene to his side to stop the blood from filling his lungs.

"We will take care of him." Dad says as he pulls me back up once more. I watch a few people rush to his side and help him making my nerves finally relax a little. "Once you're done put him in a cell like Daryl." He says. "Oh I can't wait to talk to Rick about this one!" He laughs.

I take a step back as I watch them apply pressure to Eugene's open wounds. I felt like a failure. I promised him they wouldn't lay a hand on him, but I was wrong. Even worse I have no idea if he even set his weapon up and I knew I would have a hard time finding the right time to ask him.

"Sarah go on up to your room. Dwight follow her and make sure she makes it." Dad says. I stand there staring at the scene before me, my body seemed to be frozen in place. I couldn't move an inch. "Go." He demands snapping me from my daze.

I nod my head obediently before I take a few steps backwards before turning around and heading towards the stairs. The way up was quiet, besides the distance groans coming from Eugene. Dwight didn't say a snarky remark like he usually would, which was kind of a relief.

I reach the top of the steps and walk down the hallway before turning left into my room. I shut the door behind me and listen as Dwight locks it from the outside. I stand next to the door listening as his footsteps begin to fade away until nothing was there.

I walk away from the door and place myself on the edge of the bed. So much has gone wrong in such little time. First Abe and Glenn, Daryl gets taken, then Amber, then me, and now Eugene. My stomach felt like an empty hole, big enough to consume myself into it.

I've failed them all. I had no idea where Amber and Darly was, hopefully they were close to each other and alive. I fall back onto my bed and stare at the ceiling, my curtain blocking out the midday sun from coming in.

Suddenly a knock makes my body jerk up. I walk over to the door as the locks become undone, with a swift motion the door is pushed open. Dad steps in his faced straight, I take a step back allowing him more space.

"Listen. I'm going to take you to see your friends." I widen my eyes in surprise as my heartbeat increases, "No funny business. You won't be left alone neither, Simon will be there. Now come on." He says as he gently grabs my wrist and tugs me behind him down the long corridor.

I stay quiet as he leads to me, I stare at the ground watching a few feet pass by us before we stop abruptly. "Simon take her the rest of the way." Dad says as he releases my wrist and hands me over.

"Gladly." He say smiling before he starts to walk in front of me. I give a small wave to dad before making me way behind Simon. "You're awfully quiet today." He says trying to spike up a conversation.

"Just not in the mood to talk." I reply hastily. He chuckles and shakes his head before he opens a door and walks in. I catch the door quickly before it shuts on me and slither in behind him.

"Don't try to do anything stupid." He says with a sigh, "I can't hurt you or anything but your dad did make it very clear he would punish you." He remarks as he opens yet another door. We make our way down a long hallway before he stops in front of one door and opens it.

I turn to my side and notice Darly sitting there staring at the wall. "Go on in. I'll wait right here, don't forget sweetie I hear everything. The room tends to echo." He says before shoving me in.

I take a step closer to Daryl and lean down. "You okay?" I ask. He huffs in response and scoots away from me. "Daryl this isn't my fault you know that." I say before I sit down in front of him. "I'm sorry. I tried-" He cuts me off.

"Save it for the pillow." He replies as he finally stares at me. He looks at the door before mouthing. 'I trust you.' I smile widely before nodding my head and standing up.

"Bye Daryl." I mumble as I play along with his scheme. I walk out of the door and watch as Simon shuts and locks it before moving to the next one. My heart drops at the next sight, Eugene lays there on the floor. He looked so fragile.

I take a step in and walk towards him. I fall down to my knees slowly and lay my hands on his side. His face stays facing the wall along with the rest of his body. "You okay?" I whisper. He slowly nods his head before wincing in pain.

I look back over my shoulder at Simon who was currently eyeballing us down. I give Eugene a gentle pat before leaning down to pretend I was hugging him. "Don't say anything just give me a thumbs up or something okay?"

He nods his head as we both listen to Simons foot tapping in the background as his impatience grew stronger. I take a deep breath and wrap my arms around him making sure to place my mouth close enough to his ear so he could hear me even if I spoke softly.

"The weapon." I whisper before pausing and taking another deep breath already scared for his answer. "Did you place it? Is it ready?" I whisper. I lean back up and pretend to rub his hand as I wait for his thumb to turn upwards or downwards. I felt him wiggling it a little before a smile draws onto my face.

His thumb moves upwards.