M.C - Friends with Benefits?

There were a lot of things that you thought about whenever someone mentioned Michael: the fact that he can shred guitar like a pop punk legend and he's not even 20; the fact that he can harmonise like a damn angel and least of all the fact that he was someone you'd known for a long time, one of your best friends.

Which is why the events of Saturday night came as such a surprise.

Calum and Luke were lolling about on the floor, having a ridiculously pointless argument about FIFA. "Cal you're cheating!" Luke moaned as Calum scored his seventh goal against Luke.

"Its called natural talent bro. Look it up." Calum nodded to himself, proud of his quick wit and causing Luke to scowl harder at the TV screen. Michael was laying across the sofa, engaged in a YouTube video of some anime gameplay and Ashton was sat cross legged in the arm chair, scribbling something down into a small leather bound notebook. You'd decided it was best not to get involved when Calum and Luke were like this, it usually ended in someone getting upset, usually Luke, so you'd sat in the corner with your laptop, aimlessly scrolling through your twitter feed.

"Calum stop!" Luke shouted as Calum cheered for his eighth goal.

"Stop being a baby." Calum smirked at him making Luke jump up in anger and stamp his foot on the ground. As his foot hit the ground there was an awful cry of pain from Calum and a sickening crunch, Calum pulled his hand from under Luke's foot, cradling it to his chest and howling in pain as he looked at his quite evidently broken fingers. Luke's mouth fell open and he put his hand over his face as Ashton jumped up and ran to Calum, bombarding him with questions about how much his fingers hurt.

You sighed inwardly to yourself, something like this was bound to happen because in this house a game of FIFA couldn't end happily, especially when the boys were drinking bottles of beer. Calum was still crying but Ashton had kicked himself into gear, he hasn't had a single beer and his soberity was proving to be crucial.

"Get up Cal, we gotta get you to the hospital." Ashton insisted as he grabbed beneath Calum's elbows to help him up.

"I c-c-can't drive! I've been..drinking..." Calum sniffled as he got to his feet, still cradling his broken fingers.

"That's why I'm driving." Ashton sighed and Calum let out a relieved sigh through his sobs.

"What about me?" Luke whined as he watched Calum cry in pain, his face a mixture of shock and guilt.

"This was your fault you idiot, you're coming." Ashton frowned at him, he was annoyed at the pair of them for ruining his quiet bubble.

"What about me?" Michael perked up, the scene unravelling in front of him had caused him to tear his eyes from the screen and pay attention.

"Not much you can do, man. You should just stay here." Ashton advised and Michael broke out into a relieving smile and quickly settled back onto his YouTube video, happy that he didn't have to move.

"And me?" I piped up.

"No point. You'll just be waiting around." Ashton shrugged. "I'll call you and let you know whats going on." He began to usher the traumatized Calum and guilt ridden Luke out of the house and within seconds there was a crunch of gravel, the slam of a car door and the sound of them pulling away. You rolled your eyes and went back to your twitter feed but a loud growl from your stomach made you aware of the fact that you were actually hungry.

Ditching the laptop you jumped up and headed to the kitchen, Michael's green eyes following you as you did so. You rummaged around in your cupboards until coming across a nacho kit, which you began to prepare as a pair of cold hands wrapped themselves around your waist.

"Whatcha making?" Michael whispered into your ear, the close contact and heat making you shiver slightly.

"Nachos." You replied nonchalantly as you tried to ignore his hands.

"Mmm I love nachos." He drawled into your ear again.

"Michael I need to focus so hands off." You said sternly as you focused on the instructions.

"I like you!" He blurted out. You span round to look at him but his eyes were on the ground as a rosy pink perked up in his cheeks. "Sorry." He blushed harder.

"What?"

"I erm, like you? Sorry, I had to get it out there."

"Thanks, I guess." You could feel the heat in your own cheeks as your heartbeat sped up.

"That's it? You don't have anything else to say to me?"

"Erm... You want nachos?" You tried to divert the conversation.

"Don't try to change the subject with nachos Y/N. I've seen you look at me when I've gotten changed in the dressing rooms, I've seen the way you act when our hands brush or when I'm with another girl. You like me." He said boldly. You blushed furiously as you hurriedly shook your head, of course you liked him. He was Michael freaking Clifford, any girl that wasn't attracted to him was insane.

"No..." You choked out quickly but it wasn't good enough, he knew you were lying.

"Okay, if you don't like me, me kissing you wont do anything?" His voice was barely a whisper but in the silence it sounded almost deafening, he stepped forwards slowly, reaching his hand out to you and taking your face in his large hand, his green eyes were locked with yours and the tension was making your heart race. He leaned in slowly before ever so delicately pressing his lips to yours and that was it, as soon as your lips touched your heart went like wildfire and you became almost ravenous for him, for his lips on yours and for his body against your own.

The kiss grew heated quickly as he pressed you against Luke's fridge, his hands clasping yours above your head as his lips moved in synch with yours and it wasn't long before Michael had you begging for him to take you against Luke's fridge.

Which is exactly what he did. ...

Half an hour later you were sat cross legged on the kitchen floor in your underwear, Michael sat next to you in his boxers as you both panted to catch your breath.

"That was just..." Michael was at a loss for words, quite unlike hima and all you could do was nod in response. "Wait. Do you hear that?" He whispered, straining an ear to the side. "The boys are home! Probably best not to mention to Luke we just fucked up against his fridge." Michael hummed out as he hopped to get his clothes on.

"Good plan." You agreed as you also fumbled to put on your own clothes.

"We should do this again though because wow..." Michael smiled cutely as he shoved his top back on.

"I hope we will." You smiled back at him as he placed one final kiss to your forehead before dashing out to greet the boys. You followed behind him quietly as Calum was jumping about showing his taped up fingers and sipping from a Starbucks cup. Ashton launched into a long explanation about patching up Calum's fingers and then going to Starbucks after but Michael couldn't help smirking at you from the corner of his eye as he listened to Ashton.

Well, that was something you would definitely be doing again...