Chapter 16: Dave Rises to Power

Later that night, the Time Force members were getting a good shot at luring Dave the octopus and his army of octopuses away with a giant pile of fish, and that seemed to work, somehow. "We need bigger guns," said Margo, "to defeat the octopuses just in time." "I'd recommend using chrysalis to bring the mutated humans back to normal," said Skipper. "This would destroy all the octopuses but leave Dave shrunk and trapped in one of the snow globes." And Sherman said, "That would be hard to handle, if you ask me."

The Time Force had no idea they were getting on with the final phase of the mission to saving the world. Just then, Dave the octopus rose to power, doubling in size, bigger than anyone would expect. Margo, Antonio, Sherman, and Penny were furious! "Stop that noise!" bellowed Riley as she arrived on the scene. "Now, can someone explain the meaning of this outrage?" "Dave has risen to power, doubling in size!" Antonio explained. "It says that he was lured with fish, but it didn't seem to be working. After getting lured with fish, Dave was doubling in size by getting larger than we expected." "What you four agents would not know is," Riley said, "that Dave has been getting lured with fish, but he got larger than you expected."

"Ahh, but what YOU don't know," Margo said, "is that we won't hesitate to take down Dave or die trying." "That part is accurate," said Sherman. Just then, the Penguins and the North Wind stepped up to the plate. "We are the North Wind," said Classified, "and nobody, NOBODY, breaks the wind." "Every time a villain gets lured with a bait, this happens," Short Fuse chipped in. The North Wind had no idea they would be luring the octopuses with fish.

It was long into the night when the Time Force and the North Wind and the Penguins of Madagascar went into the Time Force Headquarters for a debriefing. While the North Wind and the Penguins worked to redecorate her office, Riley worked in her temporary office. Just then, the telephone rang. "Oh, bother that telephone!" she said. "In a shed?" Then, she picked up the telephone and answered it right away.

After the call, she walked up to Hiro and his team, Big Hero 6. "I'm sorry, my dear," she said to Hiro. "Dave has been doubling in size by getting larger than we all expected." "Indeed," said Hiro. "We cannot allow that." He found Margo, Antonio, Sherman, and Penny looking very cross. "Come along, Margo, it's time we got the mission ready," he said. "Margo's not going!" said Sherman. "We won't give up on this mission to saving the world. That would cause confusion and delay! We are the elitest of the elite! We will not give up into saving the world so we can get a god shot at defeating Dave in time." "We'll see about that," said Hiro. "No agent on my roster is too important for saving the world." And he hurried away to find Mr. Peabody. The Time Force has never been the same since Riley left to get on with her classes, he thought, sadly.

Mr. Peabody was fixing the WABAC. "Leave the WABAC, please, Mr. Peabody," said Hiro. "I want you to get the mission ready for saving the world from Dave's scheme." "Thank you, Hiro, that would be a nice change," said Mr. Peabody. "That's a good, literate dog, off you go then," said Hiro. So, Mr. Peabody found the secret formula to defeating Dave for the Time Force members and that night, the mission ran as usual. But next morning, Riley looked unhappy. Hiro shuffled in with a load of chrysalis explosion devices to rescue the humans from being mutated. "Goodness gracious!" she said. "That's a lot of chrysalis you got here."

"Indeed," said Hiro. "We need a lot of chrysalis to rescue the rest of the mutated humans back to normal." Hiro and Riley started planting chrysalis all over the areas where the green, disfigured monsters were caged up in. They needed to wait for the chrysalis to explode for exactly 36 hours before the mutants are restored back to normal humans. Hiro set a timer for 36 hours to let the chrysalis detonate before it explodes just in time. Then, Riley walked up towards the other members of Big Hero 6 along with him as they saw the progress on the mission being taken care of.