Chapter 14: Thinking Hard

Next morning, at the Time Force Headquarters, Margo, Antonio, Sherman, and Penny got up and sat by the fireplace for a while. They were relaxing in the living quarters, trying to think of a plan to save the world and defeat Dave and his army. Not long ago, the Time Force members got pins and needles in their legs. Classified enjoyed teasing them about it. "Short Fuse, Corporal, Eva," he said, "do you know what I think it is? It's leg fungus."

Before the Time Force members could answer, the North Wind moved aside. Short Fuse, Corporal, and Eva could hardly believe their ears. "He's dreadfully rude, I feel quite ashamed." "I feel quite ashamed, he's dreadfully rude." And to Classified, they said, "You mustn't be rude, you make us ashamed!" But Classified didn't care a bit. "That was funny, that was funny," he chuckled. He felt very pleased with himself. Short Fuse, Corporal, and Eva were deeply shocked. They had great respect for the Time Force members. The Time Force had to think of a plan to defeat Dave just in time.

Meanwhile, Margo, Antonio, Sherman, and Penny were having doubts about their plan to saving the world. "I hope this mission doesn't get confusing or delayed," said Margo. "There has to be a way to defeat Dave the octopus just in time." "And his octopus minions, too," added Sherman. "All we need is something useful to lure them away with." "That's why I sent those 12 dump trucks over to the site so dump giant piles of fish to lure the octopuses away," said Margo. "We'll soon get a good shot at it." The Time Force knew that they were finally getting the 12 dump trucks sent over to dump giant piles of fish.

The Time Force members were feeling depressed after getting away with Dave's scheme to conquer the world. They had to think of a plan to save the world without Dave even knowing it, so they would get a good shot at it. "We have to think hard to defeat the villain just in time," said Margo. "This is important. The harder we think, the better we would get a shot at defeating the villain." "Yes," said Sherman. "Let's think hard." So, all four started thinking hard.

Finally, after thinking hard enough, Antonio said, "We should lure the octopuses away with giant piles of fish." "That sounds like a good idea, Antonio," said Margo. And thus, the Time Force had to get to the docks to find more fish for the dump trucks to bring in as quick as bunnies. They did so...easily!

Later, the pets, led by Molly, were getting everything back on schedule again as they got a secret weapon constructed. Molly said, "Well, it looks like we are getting everything back on schedule again. We're sure to get the chrysalis put together so we can defeat the villain just in time." "This would be significantly better than we would think," said Chloe. "Indeed," replied Max. "We simply would not allow that." The pets were getting everything ready as soon as Molly had everything under control. Then, Max and Gidget kissed each other at once, thus leaving the rest of the pets blushing in a deep shade of red. Molly had been reading a lot of romance novels, and she found Max and Gidget's relationship adorable. "Awww!" she said. When they pulled away, Max and Gidget felt happy.

Meanwhile, Buddy and Mel were getting the stuff for the chrysalis explosion device put together to mix it up. Gidget came with Chloe to see what the two were doing. "Sorry, you two," Gidget called to them. "What're you two doing?" "Oh, Gidget! Chloe! Didn't see you ladies there!" Buddy said, shocked. "We are getting the chrysalis ready to blow up the disfigured monsters, to bring them back to normal humans." Chloe chuckled. "Blow up the disfigured monsters to bring them back to humans," she said, "is the phrase." This made Gidget laugh, and Buddy felt very silly. "Sorry for making you laugh, girl," said Buddy. "Don't get me wrong, Buddy, you are one clever dachshund," said Gidget. "Don't you ever want to save the world?" "Yes, we do!" Buddy and Mel said, excitedly. "Now that you mention it, I want us to get the chrysalis explosion device to blow up the green skin from the humans, thus bringing them back to normal again."