Chapter 13: No Alarms And No Surprises

This chapter will include:

-Hospitals
-Small mentions of needles
-Mentions of poison and death
-Mentions of assault and trespassing
-Mentions of falling off a cliff
-Small mentions of a character breaking her spine (she is fully healed)
-Mentions of blood

You have been informed.

May 21

Sydney gasped for a second time and sat up. She started breathing shakily, and she looked around frantically.

She was in a hospital room on a bed. There were needles in her arms- oh god, she hates needles-

She was alive.

She was staring down at her paws- they were shaking

She was staring down at her paws- they were shaking. She heard talking, she didn't know from who, she didn't study who it was.

[   ]: Mama!

Sydney looked up and she was face to face with Li'l Sydney.

Li'l Sydney.

Sydney immediately leaned over and hugged her, not wanting to let go- she was okay, she was alive.

Li'l Sydney: Mama.. are you okay? Y-you're crying.

She was? Sydney pulled away and lifted her paw up to her eyes- she was, in fact, crying.

Before she could say anything, a doctor and nurse came rushing in to check on her and started crowding the hospital bed. There was a quick beeping- was that always happening? It was the heart monitor.

Before Sydney could process anything, a nurse told Li'l Sydney she had to leave, so she walked to the doorway, where Peter was standing. He must've alerted the doctors about the situation.

Later.

-

The doctors had just left the room and told Peter and Li'l Sydney that they could talk to her.

Li'l Sydney almost ran towards the room and back to where Sydney was, and Peter quickly followed.

Sydney was staring off at the wall farthest from the door, but turned quickly when the kitten made herself known in the room.