Notes & Fun Facts

- Almost all chapter titles are lyrics from songs, most of which are songs I was listening to when thinking of that chapter.

For example:

Chapter Three, titled "What Happened To Your Good Sense?," is a direct lyric from the song "Bruno Is Orange" by Hop Along. While listening to this song with the Dead Petey AU in mind back in 2022, I had developed chapter three in my head before I had even thought of creating a chapter story.

Chapter 5, "We Wanna Be Your Imaginary Friend!," is "Imaginary Friend" by Lemon Demon. The chapter isn't fully based off of the song, but a scene I am planning to write in (hopefully) the second book is.

-The part with Peter calling Sydney was actually a snippet from a one shot collection I made in March. It was called "Dp! Au Version 2 Song-lnspired One-Shots," and parts 1 and 2 are canon. Part 3, however, is not.

-The original Dead Petey AU was made May 14th, 2022, and called "Switch AU." The original Dead Petey reference was made May 15th, 2022, which is why this is Petey's birthday. In the original version, Peter was named Ralph and was actually the one who poisoned Petey before he left.

-Chapter Six is supposed to be titled like the original Dog Man books, where Almost every chapter 5, 6, 7, or 8 is titled "A Buncha Stufd That Happened Next."

-When I first started writing Book One, I had not fully come up with a plot line yet.

-There are multiple Lemon Demon (a musician) references throughout this story.

-My friend, Aextriot on Wattpad, has been able to read the story ahead of time before anyone else. She always leaves comments and always puts a form of "BARK BARK BARK BARK" in the beginning of the Google Doc before she reads.

-Mascot was only supposed to be in chapter 9, but after realizing he was a fan favorite, I added him into more chapters.

-Speaking of Mascot- I had thought of him in March of 2023 out of nowhere late at night. I quickly designed him and thought of his name while drinking water in my dad's kitchen after drawing him.

-Chapters eleven and twelve were supposed to be one chapter, but then a friend suggested I should separate them. I feel like 2 separate chapters is better.

-The background characters in the first image of chapter six are me and my friends. We call ourselves the "Agents Of Weezer"-

Auburn_Cat043 in the bottom left corner, cloudy_ink falling out of the airplane in the background, Aextriot near the right of the tree, and me in the far right of the tree.

--While transferring chapter six to Wattpad from Google Docs, Wattpad kept glitching and wouldn't let me make text bold/slanted, add images, or change the chapter layout. I think this is because in the chapter, Peter is being haunted by Petey, and the night before posting I had jokingly beat up my homemade Dead Petey plush while on call with a friend. I believe this may have been the ghost of Dead Petey bullying me due to what I did.

(the ending is mainly a joke. the story about the chapter, however, is not, and was incredibly frustrating.)

-The lawyer in chapter thirteen is supposed to be my real life cat, Milo. The name "Bernanke" is an inside joke between friends. Everyone say "hi Milo."

[There were meant to be photos of Milo, but they unfortunately will not load. You can see them on AO3.]

-The email on Milo Bernanke's business card is actually usable. Email milobernanke@gmail.com to get an in-character response!

(Please thank Auburn_Cat043)

I have put so many hours and hard work into this story. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it (most of the time).

Words: 602

Entire Work: 31,423