𝘛𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢 𝘺 𝘜𝘯𝘰

I keep running through the huge untrimmed bushes, not caring that the stems are cutting my skin, not caring that my dress is getting dirty and torn up

I need to run.

I need to escape.

I exhale deeply when I finally make it to the backyard- my backyard. My eyes frantically searching for someone, anyone.

Where the hell is everyone?

My eyes finally land on someone's back and a sense of relief fills me. I immediately walk to where they are standing to get a better look at who they are but it's hard to tell since it's dark out.

The only thing I can see is their back and their hair. "Hello?" I ask, standing a couple of feet away from them. "I don't know where anyone is. Can you please help me?"  My palms begin to sweat in anticipation as I wait for them to respond.

Can they not hear me?

Instead of answering me they slowly turn around and my heart drops as Joseph's dark eyes meet mine.

"Have you forgotten about me already, mariposa?" A frightening smile forms on his dry lips.

I try to talk but I can't.

I can't speak.

I can't even move.

My whole body is frozen.

"You let them kill me," he spits, taking a step towards me. "I thought you loved me but you let them kill me," he grabs me by my arms, gripping them tightly causing me to wince in pain.

"J-Joseph, please, let me g-go," tears begin to spring from my eyes but all he does is laugh before pushing me onto the ground.

I yelp as my shoulder hits the ground hard. I look up at him, my eyes widening once I see two bullet wounds on his body.

One on his shoulder and one on his chest.

"You made me believe that you loved me," he grits through his teeth, walking towards me as I start to shuffle away from him.

"N-No, I-"

"Every word that comes out of your mouth is a fucking lie!" He shouts and I flinch, immediately getting up from the ground.

I turn around ready to run but he suddenly appears in front of me pushing me back down on the ground. "If I can't have you then no one will!" He raises his voice louder and I gasp in horror as blood begins to spill from his mouth, his eyes turning a bluish gray.

This isn't real.

This isn't real.

He takes out a knife, the knife Luca gave me, and holds it up high, lunging for me. I scream and hold my arms up to protect myself, shutting my eyes tightly.