𝘋𝘪𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘪𝘴

Humming a melody, I begin to inspect the rose bushes of the garden

Humming a melody, I begin to inspect the rose bushes of the garden. It's been a while since Elena and I have given them a trim. And I can already see some dead leaves and roses that need to be cut off.

I have the urge to put on my gardening gloves and start working on the bushes but Nathan is already on his way. He texted me a couple of minutes ago and when I asked him how he got my number he replied with, "I have my ways."

I'm trying so hard to not let my nerves get to me but all I can think about is that we are going to be completely alone in his house.

But maybe it's a good thing because I have so many questions to ask him.

And it also gives me an opportunity to remind him that I want this marriage to only be a friendship. I want to set boundaries.

What happened yesterday, should not have happened.

Did I enjoy the feeling of his strong hands on my hips? Yes.

Did I enjoy the feeling of his soft lips on my neck? Yes and I can't stop thinking about it either.

But it was wrong.

I can't be doing those things, not when I still think about Joseph.

Plus Nathan is a mujeriego. I'm pretty sure he's only interested in getting into my pants and when he does he will return to sleeping with every woman he sees. (Womanizer)

"Mija?" Elena's soft voice, barely a whisper, comes from behind me and I shake away my frustrating thoughts, turning around to face her. We haven't talked to each other since yesterday. Since we had our..disagreement.

"Yes?" I speak in a calm voice. I'm not mad at her. I'm just tired of them keeping things from me. She wipes her hands down her black slacks, nervously looking at me as she tries to figure out what to say.

"I'm not mad at you Elena," I say first, hoping that it will make her less nervous. She raises her eyebrows in surprise but stays silent allowing me to continue. "I..I just have this feeling that you guys aren't telling me something," I tell her, watching her dark green eyes flash with sadness. "And I know I shouldn't be talking since I have kept things from you guys as well but I have felt like this since I was young."

Elena releases a deep breath, walking towards me and taking my hands in hers. "There's so many things I want to tell you, mija," she whispers, her eyes turning glossy.

"But?" My eyebrows furrow, watching her have an internal battle with herself.

She lets go of one of my hands and brings hers to my cheek, caressing it before tucking a curly strand behind my ear. "Mi niña bonita," a sad smile forms on her lips as tears begin to brim her eyes, desperate to spill out. (My pretty girl)

Seeing Elena like this breaks my heart because she's always with a smile on her face around me. "Elena, what's wrong?" I squeeze her hand and she shakes her head, blinking away her tears.