𝘋𝘪𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘰𝘤𝘩𝘰

"What did you want to talk about?" My father plays with the watch on his wrist as Ivan anxiously looks at me

"What did you want to talk about?" My father plays with the watch on his wrist as Ivan anxiously looks at me. I woke up really early just so I can't talk to the both of them alone.

And I have never done that.

"Something happened yesterday while I was at the mall," I quietly say, fighting the urge to bite my nail. From the corner of my eye, I can see Ivan's body tense up and my father's eyes immediately shoot up to mine.

Both of their mouths open to say something but I beat them to it. "Don't say anything until I'm finished, please," I breathe, brushing my sweaty hands down my shorts.

My father hesitantly nods and Ivan stressfully runs a hand through his hair. "While I was using the restroom yesterday Joseph came in..I-I think he was already in there when I went in but I'm not sure," my voice comes out as a whisper, afraid of their reaction.

I should have checked my surroundings.

My father curses under his breath while Ivan comes and sits besides me. "Adelina," his voice is taut. I can hear that he is trying to control his anger. "Did something happen that you don't want to tell us?" he carefully asks me and I shake my head.

He loosens out a breath and I turn my head to look at my father who is staring between me and Ivan with sadness in his eyes but quickly blinks it away when he sees me staring at him. "He threatened to hurt me if I screamed but no, nothing happened," I reassure both of them.

"I'm going to kill him," Ivan clenches his jaw and my palms begin to sweat even more.

"Ese hijo de puta deserves it," my father spits. (That son of a bitch)

"No," I say firmly to both of them.

They both pause and look at each other confused. "Lina, don't be stupid," my father sighs, rubbing his forehead together.

Ivan glares at him. "Lina, he is dangerous. He could have hurt you or..done worse," he whispers the last part, shaking the horrible thought away.

"He needs help..he isn't mentally fine," I explain to them. My father scoffs and Ivan continues to listen to me. "I know he has done some horrible things but it is not his fault."

The both of them remain quiet, thinking about what to say. "I understand what you guys are saying..I understand that now but I won't let you guys kill him," my voice is clear and stern.

"He has hurt you, mija, anyone that has hurt you doesn't deserve to breathe," Ivan's voice remains calm but I can see him clenching his fists.

"His mother is sick and his father is struggling with his garage. They don't deserve to lose their son who needs help!" I raise my voice, trying to get them to understand.

"And what do you propose we do, Adelina?" My father exhales, folding his hands together.

"Find him...and I don't know..force him to get help," I suggest, bringing my nail to my finger to chew on it. It's the best idea I have. "Just don't kill him, please," I look at the both of them, pleading through my eyes.