𝘝𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘥𝘰́𝘴

I can hear the thundering sound of my heartbeat in my ears

I can hear the thundering sound of my heartbeat in my ears. I'm sure the whole world can hear it by the way it is beating.

Thump, thump, thump, thump.

My chest rapidly moves up and down as I stare at the gun that is pointed at me. Shit, shit, shit. I slowly raise my shaky hands up, showing him that I'm not going to try anything.

But my heart nearly stops when he moves the gun away from me only to point it at the side of his head. Tears swell his eyes as he looks at me with betrayal and anger.

No.

"Joseph, please, don't," I whisper, my lip quivering as his finger goes to the trigger. He doesn't pull it but he carelessly leaves it there.

"Do you love him?" He asks hoarsely and I shake my head, swallowing the huge lump in my throat.

"Do you love me?" He clenches his jaw, gripping the handle of the gun harder.

"I...I..." I try to find the right words but I can't seem to form a sentence, not with the way he is staring at me.

"Do you love me?" He grits through his teeth and pushes the gun barrel harder onto his head.

"I-I don't know," my voice breaks as a tear rolls down my face.

He briefly closes his eyes and lets out a deep breath. "If you don't love me then there is no point of living anymore," he says in a low tone, his finger slowly pulling down on the trigger.

"I love you!" I slightly raise my voice and he stops himself from pulling the trigger completely. "I love you," I repeat those words again, my voice coming out brittle.

I should scream.

I can scream and someone will come running to save me.

But I also know once they see him they will shoot him without hesitation.

Joseph would probably do the same too.

And I want to end this without any type of violence.

He puts the gun down and walks towards me. I instinctively take a step back but he grabs my arm hard, pulling me to him.

"I knew you still loved me," he whispers, placing his forehead against mine.

I wince at his grip, trying to push away from him but he doesn't let me. "J-Joseph," I choke out in pain and he hushes me.

"Don't be afraid, mariposa," he kisses the top of my head and my stomach churns in disgust. "I'm here now," he slowly loosens his grip on my arm and I exhale in relief. (Butterfly)

I need to keep him calm.

Because I know he will hurt me if I say the wrong thing.

"I...I knew you would come," I calmly move my hands to his face, caressing his cheeks.