𝘝𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘦𝘵𝘦

࿎𝘔𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘚𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘦 𝘈𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥࿎

Saying goodbye to Elena and Ivan was probably the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

I'm glad I managed not to cry.

But as I pace around the guest room of Nathan's house that's all I want to do.

Nathan didn't utter a single word to me the whole ride here.

And when we got here he told Luca to take me to a room before leaving for his office.

You can only imagine how angry I was.

Ana told me before I left to make him listen to me but I honestly don't know what she meant by that.

How do I make a man like Nathan listen to me?

I'm pretty sure he would just ignore me or walk away from me.

But I need to.

He needs to hear me out.

Taking a deep breath and feeding myself words of encouragement, I pick up my skirt and walk to the door to open it. A loud gasp leaves my lips when I see Nathan already standing in front of me. Holy shit.

"You scared the shit out of me," I exhale, placing a hand on my chest to calm my racing heart. I know I definitely caught him off guard because he's struggling to find words to say to me. I wonder how long he was standing out the door?

His pupils are dilated and his dark black hair looks like a beautiful mess. It looks like he's ran his hand through it multiple times. His tie is off and the buttons of his white shirt are open, allowing me to see the skin of his chest and the silver cross that is around his neck. He looks so fine. His eyes stay on me before moving to the room behind me. I step aside, giving him space to come inside which he does.

I slowly close the door before turning around to look at him. "Lina-" he begins to explain but I'm not having any of that.

"No," I firmly tell him, causing him to raise his eyebrows in surprise. "You don't get to say anything since you've been practically ignoring me the whole day."

"I didn't want to ruin your day," he calmly explains and I scoff.

"Didn't want to ruin my day? Well, you ruined it by ignoring me." The words leave my mouth before I even have a chance to process them.

Shit, can't take them back now.

"That wasn't my intention," he swallows hard, his eyes intensely looking into mine.

"Is this because I didn't tell you about Joseph? Are you angry with me, is that it?" I step closer to him, my voice slightly growing angrier.

"I'm not angry with you," he instantly tells me and I roll my eyes, not believing him.