𝘊𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘤𝘦

Fuck, I can't believe they saw me

Fuck, I can't believe they saw me. I'm so fucking stupid.

"Lina," Danny's voice pulls me away from my thoughts as he steps into the kitchen, curiously looking at me.

"Danny," I clear my throat, stepping away from the wall and meeting his mocha colored eyes. "Good morning," I smile at him politely while fidgeting with the dress in my hands.

"Good morning," a boyish grin forms on his lips. "Do you want to have breakfast together? I haven't ate yet and I know you like to eat outside," he kindly offers and I nod my head.

I need to talk to him anyways.

"Sure, I would like that," I hum and watch eyes glimmer in delight at my answer. Before walking over to the stove to serve myself, I place my dress on the chair of the small table that no one uses.

I hope it doesn't get dirty.

I walk over to Danny who already has two plates out for us. "The dress is beautiful," he compliments it and I nod in agreement.

"It is, Elena got it for me," I tell him, reaching over him to get my plate so I can serve myself but he pushes my hand away.

"I'll serve you," he says and before I can protest he shushes me, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Thank you, Danny," I say nonetheless, grabbing my plate filled with food from his hands. I don't know how I'm going to tell him that Luca will be taking his place.

Danny is a good friend and has always treated me with kindness but Luca can the job better.

"Let's go," I say once I see that he's done serving himself. He shoves a piece of bacon in his mouth while playfully wiggling his eyebrows at me. I giggle, walking past him and leading the way outside to the gazebo.

Once we sit down I immediately begin to devour my food. God, Elena makes the best scrambled egg. I look up from my plate, taking a small breather from inhaling my food. My eyes move over to find Danny smiling at me with an amused glint in his eyes.

"Is there something on my face? I ask, quickly grabbing my napkin to wipe the corners of my mouth.

"No, it's just," his cheeks begin to grow red and I tilt my head at him, wondering what is wrong with him. "Never mind," he clears his throat and takes a sip of his coffee.

Instead of asking him what he was going to say I just raise my eyebrows at him and continue to eat the rest of my food while trying to figure out what to tell him.

"Danny, I need to talk to you about something important," I take a sip of my lemonade before giving him my full attention.

"Is something wrong?" He asks, concern painted all over his face. Fuck, now I feel bad.

"No, well, yes," I stumble with my words, my hands starting to sweat. "Something happened this morning," I exhale deeply and his eyes widen in panic.