Chapter XXIII

Celeste's POV-

I got left behind. Rick, Daryl, Izabel, and Hershel left to meet with the Governor. I shivered as I thought of all the possible outcomes. None of them were pretty. I knew the kind of man that he was. I couldn't believe they took Hershel. Now, don't get me wrong. Hershel was just as capable as the rest of us... kind of. But if things went bad, he wouldn't be able to get out of there as fast as the others. And things would go bad. For the first time since I met Merle, I agreed with him. I was helping them get the guns ready for the war we all knew but didn't want to admit was coming. What I wondered was why did they leave Merle loose near a pile of weapons and ammo.

It was just me and Merle in a room. The others were off doing there own thing while I watched Judith. Merle said, "So you and my baby brother have been making love sweet love, huh?"

"Shut up, Merle."

"Come now, darlin'. We all heard you the other day. 'Oh, Daryl, oh! Let go, let go!'"

If he hadn't said that in a girly voice, I probably would've been offended. Instead, I burst out laughing.

"So now I'm amusing, babe?"

"Don't call me babe. I ain't your babe. I will never be your babe."

"Are sure 'ol Merle can't change your mind...babe?"

"No."

I glared at him. He held up his hands in surrender. "Alright, alright. I got Izabel anyway. I'm pretty sure she's a little more, shall we say, adventurous."

He sneered me. I just rolled my eyes and picked up the bottle to feed Judith.

********************

Izabel's POV-

After we made sure that it was clear, Hershel, Daryl, and I hung around the car. Then the Governor's men and Andrea showed up. Apparently Andrea didn't know that he was already here. Me and Martinez both snickered when Daryl called Milton the Governor's butler. I was biting my lip during their little verbal battle to keep from laughing. Hershel finally calmed them down. That's when we heard the noises. We left Milton and Hershel alone to go investigate. When we found only walkers, Daryl and Martinez started a little macho contest. Andrea rolled her eyes and knifed the first one. Martinez looked and Daryl and said, "Pussy."

I stayed behind with Andrea as they had their little moment.  I laughed at Martinez when Daryl through the knife right past his face. Andrea and I headed back to the cars. At first I was worried about leaving them two alone, but then I thought 'Screw it. They kill each other, they kill each other.'

When they came back I asked, "So, who has the bigger balls?"

Daryl's eyes almost bulged completely out of his head. Martinez smirked and said, "I do, of course."

"You do realize there's only one way to settle this, right?"

"And what would that be?"

I grinned. "Drop 'em boys. I'll be the judge."

Milton's face turned bright red and Daryl coughed in embarrassment. Martinez seemed to actually consider it. Then he shook my head. "Nah, I know I have a bigger pair."

***************

Celeste's POV-

Merle had started another fight. He thought we should go and kill the Governor while they're not expecting it. Glenn didn't like that idea. I think it might've been because of their recent history. I was all for it. I thought back to why I wasn't with them and Izabel was.

*Flashback*

"I'm going with you."

"No, you're not."

"Why not?"

"I'm not going to take you anywhere near him if I can help it."

"Daryl, I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself."

"I don't care. I don't want him near you. I'm afraid if I saw fear in your eyes at the sight of him, I'd have to kill him. I'm not going to start this war. I'll sure as h*** finish it but I don't want to start it."

I sighed. "Fine."

"So you're staying."

I cupped his cheek. "Of course I'll stay."

It was his turn to sigh. I stood on my tiptoes and gently kissed his lips. "I just want you to know one thing. You know, in case you don't come back."

"I'll be back."

"Please, just let me say this."

He nodded. "Daryl, I-I..."

I couldn't say it. He took my face between his palms and said, "Just say it."

"I think I lo-"

"Daryl, let's go!"

Rick's voice interrupted us. "Tell me late, okay?"

I just nodded.

*******Read****Me**********

I know, I know this is short but I'll make up for it. I'm going to be updating a lot faster than I have been. I hope to have two or three more chapters up sometime this week. Buuuuuuut, you're going to have to do something for these quick uploads. Thirty comments!! I'm not going to have a set number of votes, just comments because they make my day.

So I dyed my hair red and this kid on the bus was like tired high and it was a hilarious. He was like, "You're hair is red. You look like Ariel from The Little Mermaid. Is your dad Triton? Is he going to like zap me? Am I going to be sitting in school minding my own business and then out of nowhere get electricuted?"

If that wasn't bad enough, he then called me black. Now, I'm not racist. It's just that I am really pale. He was all like, "Look at her. She's a tan (which I'm not) You're like a... a .... a black Ariel."

So I am now black Ariel. Just thought I'd share that little tidbit.

Dedication question: What do you think is going to happen to Andrea?

Please, don't say anything about this previous episode in case somebody hasn't seen it. I have something in mind that'll make you guys bawl your eyes out, right Vampiregirl81? But if you feel like you're going to explode from not talking PM me

Bye bye now

xoxo

Werewolfgirl13