Chapter XIX

Izabel’s POV-

Well, today had been some day, I thought to myself has I looked back. I remembered the Mexicans we’d rescued on the bridge. When Merle had told them to jump, I had snickered. Then I stopped myself. I mean sure, it was funny, under different circumstances. Daryl took up off up the hill and we followed. We had the walkers cleared in no time. When Merle started looking through their stuff, I knew a line was crossed.

I said, “Merle, stop it.”

“I think the least they should do is show a little gratitude.”

Daryl looked indecisive. I knew he wasn’t going to be any help from what Merle had told me about him. He’d follow Merle through Hades and back. Then he did something unexpected. I had raised my gun and pointed it at Merle. The thing was, Daryl had the same idea. He pointed his crossbow at the same time I did my gun. We held Merle at bay while they got in the car and drove away. When we got back in the woods, Merle was not happy. I watched their argument unfold. My eyebrows raised at one point when Daryl started calling names. I looked in shock when Merle pushed Daryl to the ground and I saw the scars.

Merle said, “I’m sorry, man. I didn’t know.”

“Yeah, you did. He did the same thing to you. I’m going back.”

“I’m not welcome there.”

Well, well, well. Looks like baby brother finally grew a pair.

Celeste’s POV-

I was just wandering aimlessly when I heard the first shot. Then everything fell apart. I shot at the forest line until my gun ran out of ammo. I then proceeded to curse it until even my mamma’s ears would’ve burned off. That’s when the van came crashing through the gates. Everything stopped. It was the quiet before the storm. Then the gates lowered and the walkers came out. The shooting finally stopped. I scanned around me and saw Rick outside the fence. Two walkers were on top of him. I stood up to go help him but an arrow found its way to the walker before I did. My heart stopped. It couldn’t be. He left us for his brother. But a moment later, he came out of the woods. Merle wasn’t too far behind him. And then… Izabel came out of the woods with her guns blazing. My legs gave out. The daze that losing Daryl had put me in made me forget about seeing her in Woodbury. It seemed like everything went into slow motion. I didn’t hear the screams of the others making sure everybody was alright. I didn’t see the walker coming from behind. All I saw was Izabel. My sister. My sister that I’d never met. Something found its way to me. What was it? Someone was yelling. What were they saying?

“Celeste! Celeste! Behind you!”

Behind me? What was behind me? I turned around just as a walker lunged at me. I screamed and dove out of the way just in time. I scrambled away. I couldn’t seem to find my bearings long enough to stand and run. I was cutting my arms to pieces on the little rocks, broken glass, and other odds and ends that were hidden in the grass. My hand slipped and I went down again. I landed on something. I looked down long enough to see my sword. I reached for it but my hands weren’t steady enough to grip it. I finally pulled it out of the scaffold just as a bullet went through its head. It landed just beside my. I stared at it, trying to catch my breath. I only looked away when I heard the roar. I glanced up to see Glenn coming back in the truck. Carol made her way to me and helped me to my feet. She put her arm around me and we all met back in the cell block.

I was sitting in a corner again, but that changed when they walked through the door. They were all three standing close together. It was Daryl, Merle, and Izabel. I flew off the ground and, since Merle was in the middle he got collided into too, gathered them in a hug. I stood back and Izabel had the same look on her face that I probably had the night I saw her. I pulled her into a hug just for her. It took her a moment but her arms finally wrapped around me. When we pulled apart, we both had tears streaming down our faces.

She whispered, “I thought you were dead.”

“Me too.” Then I realized how that sounded and said, “Not that I was dead, but I thought you were dead. I saw dad.”

New tears welled up in her eyes. “He was down by the fence. I also saw Michonne.”

“D-Don’t tell me. I know they’re dead.”

“No, Michonne’s here. Turn around.”

She spun around and there she was. It was another tearful reunion. I felt eyes on me. I looked away from them and stared into blue ones. A sob wrenched itself from my chest and I flung myself into his arms. Warmth surrounded me after being cold for what felt like forever but had only been a day. I said, “I thought I’d never see you again.”

“Shhh, I’m here now.”

“Don’t ever go again. You make the nightmares go away.”

“I won’t.”

“I have something to tell you.”

“What?”

“Not now, not here. I don’t want to tell you in front of everybody.”

He nodded. Merle said, “Looks like you’ve been getin’ yourself some sugar, haven’t ya, baby brother?”

He glared at him. “Shut up, Merle.”

I heard a click and looked up. Izabel had a gun pointed at Merle. “I’m quite fond of how you warm my bed, Merle, but you say something about my sister, I will kill you.”

He chuckled and put his arm around her. “I quite fond of you, too. Especially when you’re blood thirsty.” 

***

The rest of the day was full debating about what to do. The nasty bees nest of a prison was stirred up even more so when Andrea arrived. I don’t even know why she showed up. From what I’ve gathered, he’s been lying to her from the get go. Most of us were all for war. I was somewhat sane again and I was angry. The Governor almost cost me the one person that made the horrible memories fade away.

We were all sitting there, it was kind of quiet. Beth started singing and I put my head on Daryl’s shoulder. I heard Rick say, “I’m going for a run.”

“I’ll go with you.”

“No, you stay here. I want you to keep an eye on your brother.”

They were silent for another moment.

Rick said, “I’m glad you’re back. I really am. But if something happens with Merle, it’s on you.”

He nodded. That night when we were lying in our cell once more, Daryl asked, “What did you want to tell me?”

We were laying side by side on the little bottom bunk. I said, “That man, that monster that my m-mother called a b-boyfriend. H-He was at Woodbury.”

I felt him stiffen.

***************Read***Me******************

I know this is short especially for mushing two episodes into one chapter. I apologize. I was writing this while watching The Walking Dead Sunday. This is the best I can do right now. My friend Sharon got me and Vampiregirl81 sick. It sucks.

And Vampiregirl81, you're going to have to come to school to kill me first. STOP SKIPPING!!!!

Let's see, the question for the next dedication shall be..... What is your favorite animal and why?

Random, I know.

Toodles for now my little Darylonians!

XOXO

Werewolfgirl13

P.S. Who else laughed during this past episode when they were in that building and it went like this

Rick: You're eating his food, too?"

Michonne: The mat said 'Welcome'