Chapter VII

I spun around to locate the voice. A man stood behind me with a gun pointed at me. Where one of his should be was a contraption that ended in a blade. Shakira snarled at the man. He didn't even flinch. Impressive considering the size a wolf could get. She took a step towards him. He said, "If you want to keep that mutt, I suggest you call her off, girlie."

"Heel."

The word was barely a hiss, but she still came to my side and was quiet. "Now then, toss me your weapons." I tossed my weapons to him. "Now move toward the door and keep that mutt under control."

I slowly walked towards the door and he retrieved my gun. I pushed open the door and was surrounded by people with guns. I was led to a car. When one of them put a hand on my shoulder to usher me through the open car door, Shakira started growling again. I told her to be quiet again and I got in the car. I whistled for Shakira and she jumped in after me. The guy that had caught me, the one with only one hand, got into the passenger seat. My twisted humor chose that moment to perk up. When in tough situations, my mind tends to ramble about the most ridiculous things.

I thought, One hand. He must be handy to have around. Handy. That's what I'll call him. Handy.

I tried to stop the half laugh half snort, but I couldn't. Handy turned around and gave me a strange look. "What's so funny, sweet cheeks?"

I just looked out the window. "Hey, look at me."

I looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "What's your name?"

I kept silent. "I asked you a question."

I looked at him and said, "My name is my own business, not yours."

"Looks like we got us a feisty one, Govenor."

The man Handy had called Govenor said, "Don't antagonize her, Merle. Ma'am, I apologize for the way Merle has treated you. He forgets his manners sometimes. In this world, who could blame him?"

I had a feeling Merle didn't have manners to forget.

"Where are you taking me?"

"To our nice little town. We've got ourselves a secure settlement not far from here."

"Why did you take my gun?"

"We've got people to protect and we don't know you."

I was silent from then until we reached the gates. A walker was hung from the branches of a tree. I was absently stroking Shakira when we drove through the gates. A crowd of people surrounded the car. How were there so many?

"How'd you do this?"

"One block at a time."

There were so many people. When the car stopped, the Govenor got out and opened my door. I took his offered hand and got out. Shakira followed. All of the people had her hackles raised and stuck so close to me that when I tried to walk, I almost tripped over her. I pat her head and murmured to her that it was okay.

The Govenor said, "Okay everyone, nothing to see here. Be gracious to our guest. We all know what it's like to try to live in this world. She's been doing it alone."

I don't know how he knew I was on my own. I guess it really doesn't matter.The crowd dispersed and Govenor said, "Merle, show her where she'll be staying. And don't forget that she is our guest."

Handy nodded. He said, "Follow me, ma'am."

He said ma'am with sneer. He showed me a room and I almost didn't notice the fact that we were being followed. "This is where you'll be staying, your highness."

"Your highness? Really?"

"You'd think you was royalty the way you act all high and mighty."

"I don't act all high and mighty. I just don't like nosy rednecks."

"Watch who you're calling a nosy redneck."

"Watch who you're calling high and mighty."

"You wanna go try out your bed as much as I do?"

"Do I wanna... Wait, what?"

"You heard me, sweet cheeks. So what about it?"

I looked him over. I mean, really looked him over. His face wasn't prettiest but I had to admit that he had muscles. He smirked at my obvious perusal. I looked back up at him and said, "No."

"Come on, sweet cheeks."

Well, it had been a long time. I pointed at the door and said, "Shakira, guard."

I grabbed Handy and pulled him, none too gently, towards the bedroom.

"That's right. Merle'll show you."

I rolled my eyes. Always pride before the fall. By the time I was done with him, he wouldn't be any use to the Govenor. He wouldn't be any use to anybody. He wouldn't be able to walk.

*************

Machonne's POV-

That girl was trouble for me. How am I going to keep the memories at bay when I have to see a reminder of my past life everyday. I knew who she was. She was my best friend's other daughter. Everytime he'd get drunk, he'd bawl his eyes out about never seeing her.

I knew they was both gone. I'd returned to the city after the break out to find him turned. I don't know where Izabel had gone, but the fact that her father was turned and not shot or stabbed was enough to tell me she hadn't been able to get away.

Now Celeste was here. Her and Izabel hadn't been identical twins but they looked a lot alike. I hadn't expected her to know who I was but she did.

************Read***Me**********

So now you know who the mysterious Izabel is. I hope you are happy Vampiregirl81 that I spelled it like you wanted me to. I hope this is enough for your toe because I'm thinking about making you wait an entire week before I upload again. So for those of you that are actually staying with my story, you can think Miss Impatient that you have to wait longer.

I know, this is short. I know, I promised to make them longer. I am honestly trying but these filler chapters are so hard to make long.

No, I won't actually make you guys wait that long. I'm on Christmas Break so I have more free time.

If you have any questions about the story or me just ask. If the information is too confidential I'll just PM you.

Have a nice day, afternoon, evening... Well, I'll just stick with HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

XOXO

Werewolfgirl13

P.S. You guys should go check out Vampiregirl81 story: It was Just Sex . Go, now!