Denial

"So now we're running errands for mushrooms? Really?!" was the last thing you heard from him before Astarion had stormed off to his tent.

He'd been in a terrible mood ever since you entered the Underdark - and you get it. If you were the one who hadn't seen the sun for 200 years - or hells, even one year - you would hate it down here too.

As it were, you don't mind the darkness too much yourself. You do mind what it's doing to Astarion though. You've tried talking to him about it a few times, but that had only seemed to make matters worse.

The only thing you know to do to help things along is to get out of here as quickly as possible. The problem with that is that there's too much to do down here, and for half of those things, you don't even know where to start. Among other things, you're looking for clues about the Nightsong, you promised Thulla to free her kin from slavers, and now you agreed to help the Myconids. Things just keep adding up, as they always seem to for your group.

You sigh and decide to give Astarion a bit of space.

You spend the evening helping Gale with cooking and talking with the others. It's a strange little group you've assembled but it's usually fun to hang out with them. As long as they're not at each other's throats, that is. Tonight everyone gets along though and you talk and laugh together as you share a meal.

Your thoughts keep returning to Astarion though, missing him in this little group dynamic. Wondering what you could do to make him feel better.

At some point, the fire burns low, everyone's getting tired, and you all retreat to your tents. You sneak off to Astarion's tent instead of your own. You squat down in front of it. "Hey," you say quietly in lieu of knocking.

You can hear some movement in the tent, then the flap opens and Astarion's kneeling in front of you. "Hello, darling."

"I was wondering if there's anything I can do to cheer you up."

He cocks his head and smirks at you. "You want to cheer me up?"

You can't tell whether he's flirting with you or surprised that you care enough to offer. Maybe it's both. "Yes, I do. Is there anything I can do for you?", you say smiling.

"I might have an idea or two. Let's find a spot outside of camp?"

"Okay."

You grab a bedroll and some water and explore the area around camp. It doesn't take long until you find a nice spot where it's unlikely anyone's just gonna walk by or you're gonna get ambushed by some Underdark creature.

Astarion beckons you to sit down on the bedroll, and you do. He sits down in front of you and pulls you into a kiss.

"I need you to trust me tonight. Can you do that?"

You look at him curiously. You wouldn't have done any of the things with him you've been doing if you didn't trust him. "Of course I trust you."

He smirks. "Remember you said that."

You have no idea what he's on about but that's kind of exciting.

"Take off your clothes, darling."

You take off your shirt first, then shoes, socks, and pants. He sits back and watches you intently as you do. There's no shame in his gaze as he stares at your body, taking it all in. You open the clasp of your bra next, then slide the straps down your arms, slowly, teasing him a little. He bites his lower lip as he watches. Slowly still, you take off your bra and put it to the side. You watch him stare at your breasts for a moment. You have to smile at the desire in his eyes.