Domination

The buzzing of the celebrating tieflings and the soft buzz in your head caused by the wine have been making for an altogether pleasant evening so far.

Everywhere you turn, a friendly face greets you. Glasses are being raised to celebrate your victory and the refugees' safety. Songs are being written in your honor.

Gale was just inviting you to show you some magic later. You're not entirely sure what's expecting you, but it sounds fun enough, especially after having a bit of booze. Surely, his magic tricks are more exciting than the little fireworks Roland was summoning earlier.

When you walk by Shadowheart's tent, she raises a bottle of wine in your direction.

"The hero of the hour!", she says.

"Heroes," you clarify, smiling, "and that includes you too, you know?"

"Nice of you to come over. Wasn't sure you were going to, what with everyone wanting your attention tonight."

There's something in the way she looks at you that suggests she isn't just talking about the Tieflings celebrating you and your companions.

"What exactly do you mean, Shadowheart?"

"You and Gale were looking very cozy together. And I think Astarion's been waiting all night to talk to you."

You can feel yourself blushing but hope that it's not too obvious in the dark of the night.

You'd spent the night with Astarion two days ago and it had been... very pleasant to say the least. Visions from the night flash through your mind - of you being lifted up, your back pressed against a tree, his hands wandering all over your body - and you feel your blush deepen.

But since then, you haven't been sure where you stand with Astarion. You woke up to him enjoying the morning sun on his bare skin and had wanted him to come back to bed with you, but he declined.

Maybe you shouldn't have pushed him to talk about the scars on his back, maybe the night you shared had just been a one-time thing for him. Maybe there was an entirely different explanation. Either way, the two days since Astarion had treated you as if nothing had happened.

Sure, for him, that still meant flirting with you in that slow, sexy drawl of his. But he had done that even when he'd barely known you. And you still had trouble reading him a lot of the time.

But then, something unexpected had happened at the Goblin camp. You had planned to go in for a rescue mission of the druid Halsin, to learn more about the tadpole squirming about in your brain. Not to meet a follower of Loviatar, the goddess of pain.

You still haven't the faintest clue what drove you to say yes to his offer to share his goddess' teachings with you. To submit to being hit by him, hurt by him, turned on by what he was doing to you. All right there in front of your companions.

Both Shadowheart and Astarion seemed to enjoy what they were seeing and you have to admit to yourself now that their comments probably turned you on just as much as the physical pain mixed with pleasure did.

"Did you ever think she would enjoy something like this, when you agreed to travel with her, Astarion?"

"Oh, I had my hopes."

Their voices echo in your head now.

Shadowheart's actual voice, here and now, pulls you from your daydream.

"Don't let me keep you. It's clear you want to go over there and talk to him," she smirks.

A bit flustered, you say, "Right, sorry, let's catch up later" before making your way over to Astarion's tent.