Deprivation

You sit at the campfire looking into the flames. The warmth on your skin feels nice after a day full of fighting. Shadowheart healed up the worst of your wounds but your shoulder still aches where the hag hit you with a spell. Your hand rests there, absentmindedly rubbing the sore spot.

The others are milling about camp, tending to their wounds, talking among each other, preparing things for the day to come. Some of their conversations are loud enough that you could listen in, but you choose not to, letting them become pleasant background noise instead.

"Is that shoulder of yours still giving you trouble?"

Lost in thought, you hadn't noticed Astarion come close to you until he spoke up. He is standing behind you on your left now and you have to turn your body a bit to look up to him and smile.

"Nothing too bad, I'm sure it'll be fine by tomorrow."

"Let me have a look."

Before you can protest, he kneels down and moves one hand to your shoulder. His hand grazes yours there and you feel like your skin is electrified from the touch.

Pictures from the prior night flash before your inner eye. You, tied to two tree branches, feeling him pressed against your back. Him with head between your legs, tongue pressed against your clit, fingers moving in and out of you. The two of you entangled, moaning each other's names.

You feel your cheeks flush and are glad he can't see your face too well right now.

He gives your shoulder what feels like a practiced squeeze, then digs his thumb into your flesh. You wince a little from the pain.

"Shh, I know you can take worse than that, darling," he teases, his mouth so close to your ear that you can feel his breath.

"Astarion, you wouldn't be trying to make me blush in the middle of camp, would you?", you tease back.

"What, you don't want the others to know about our little night-time fun?"

"I don't need them all gossiping about me."

"Not even if it'll make the wizard jealous?"

"I- what?" You turn around to look at him and find him smirking.

"I see the way he's looking at you. He was hoping to spend the night with you yesterday but instead you gave yourself to me."

You want to protest, to tell him that you didn't give yourself to anyone. That you're very much your own person - and you are - but you also can't deny that you gave up all control to him last night. That you loved it and he knows it.

You sit for a moment in silence as he keeps working on your shoulder. He seems to know what he's doing. Some of his touches are a little painful but your shoulder does feel better after a while.

When he's finished, he sits down next to you. "I did want to say thank you."

You look over at him curiously. It's not often that you hear those words from him.

"For trusting me today with the monster hunter," he elaborates.

"Oh. Yeah, of course."

He doesn't reply and there's another moment of silence between you, but it doesn't feel awkward.

"I didn't like the implication he made," you say after a bit.

He cocks his head at you, waiting for you to elaborate.

"Just, uhm, he said he was a monster hunter. And that he was looking for you. But you're not a monster."

He chuckles and you're not sure how to interpret that.