Devotion

After a long day of exploring the shadow-cursed lands and gathering information about Ketheric Thorme's immortality, your group's back at the Last Light Inn. Gale and one of the Harpers cooked for everyone, with you and some of the others helping.

Astarion excuses himself at some point during the dinner. He places a kiss on the top of your head before retreating to the room the two of you share. You haven't really discussed where the two of you stand - neither of you has really felt the need to bring it up. But it feels nice to share these little gestures in front of the others as well now.

You notice Shadowheart smirking at you after that little kiss. You had to go to her first thing this morning to ask for a little healing. You were very vague what exactly was hurting, but she seemed perfectly capable of guessing that you had some minor sex injuries. You didn't go into the details with her, but you had trouble walking without pain after Astarion had fingered you and fucked you thrice overall last night. It hadn't hurt very badly, but you also didn't want to be slowed down in the middle of the shadow-cursed lands. Shadowheart had found the situation, including your embarrassment, terribly amusing. You guess there's still going to be a bit of friendly teasing from her over this.

You finish eating and talk with Karlach and Wyll for a bit, but also soon excuse yourself to your room. You gently knock once before you enter, letting Astarion know you're coming inside.

You open the door to find him lost in thought, staring at the mirror hanging on the wall. He must have moved the armchair aside, which was still standing below the mirror this morning.

You step up to him and he finally notices you when you get closer. He looks at you through the mirror, which should be showing his reflection up close but is only showing you and the room instead. "Hey," you say softly when you've closed the few steps to him. You hug him from behind, wrapping your arms around his waist, and place a kiss on his shoulder.

"Hey," he says back, quiet. None of his usual nicknames.

"What are you doing?" you ask, giving him a little smile in an attempt to cheer him up.

"Just... looking. But not seeing very much."

You look up at the mirror. It's strange, looking at it while feeling his body pressed against yours, but only seeing your own reflection. "Do you miss it?"

"Seeing my own reflection in the mirror? Petty vanity? Of course I miss it." He sounds upset. He gently moves your arms away from his waist so he can turn around and look at you. "I haven't even seen this face. These eyes. Or these fangs. "

"What color were they before? Your eyes."

"I-", he starts, sounding annoyed, but then stops. When he speaks again his voice is more quiet. More sad. "I don't know. I can't remember. It's just another thing I've lost."

You look up at his ruby red eyes. It's difficult to imagine his eyes with any other color. "Let me be your mirror then." You smile softly.

You raise your hand to his temple, gently tucking a strand of his hair into place. "It's a very good face. Piercing, ruby eyes, that make me feel like you can see right through me."

He smiles. "Go on."

"Strong, high cheekbones." You let your thumb gently run over one of them. "They give you that elven elegance."

You let your thumb stroke down his face. He leans into your touch as you do. You trace your thumb along his jaw and chin. "Strong jawline." You smile. You move your thumb up and run it over his lips. "Soft lips."

He gently grabs your hand and holds it in place, kissing your thumb.

"You've told me that I'm beautiful several times now," you go on, "I'm sorry I haven't said it back more. You are. You're gorgeous." He lets go of your hand and you cup his face. He leans down to kiss you. It's gentle at first but quickly grows more passionate. His hand finds the back of your neck, stroking that sensitive spot that always turns you on. You quietly moan against his mouth.