Chapter 11: We've Never Even Met!

Bailey's POV

I woke up in a hospital bed, completely confused. I turned to my left, and Zack Larson was sitting by my bed, asleep while holding my hand. This was strange, considering I've never said a word to him.

I moved my hand, unsure of why he's here, when he started to wake up.

"Oh my God! You're awake!" He yelled while hugging me.

"Uhm, yeah. What are you doing here?" I asked, pushing him off of me.

"Well, when you get hit in the head with a crab pot, your boyfriend is gonna come with you."

"My what? Excuse me, but we've never even met!" I said shocked.

"What are you talking about? You've been working on the Cape Caution for the past month. So, you have to know me. And considering the fact that you kissed me and we were telling everyone..."

"Wait, are you high or something? That never happened! Where's my dad? I need to see him."

"Your dad is at sea right now, my dad has been trying to get a hold of them for days to tell them what happened." Zack said, trying to figure out what I was talking about.

"Why would your dad be calling mine about what happened if it happened on the same boat he's on? Wouldn't he know?" I asked, getting madder by the minute. All I wanted to know was where my father was. And why the hell Zack Larson is here.

"Bailey," I could see the wheels turning in his head "what's the last thing you honestly remember?"

I wasn't sure why he was asking me this, but for his sake I thought as hard as I could. "Uhm, getting off the plane with my cousin, Scott." I replied, unsure of why that was the last memory I had.

"Oh my God. You don't remember anything." he said quietly.

Zack left the room and I was puzzled by his comment. 'You don't remember anything?' It sounded as if there was a lot of important things I wasn't remembering, but how unlikely is it that any of the things he said are true? I mean, me, of all people walk away from the Time Bandit? I'd worked so hard on that boat - for that boat. It was my family's legacy. I can't see why I would - or could - ever leave. That'd be about like if Josh Harris had said "to hell with it" and let the Cornelia Marie go.

It wouldn't happen.

I waited in my room for anyone to come in and explain to me what was going on. I had all of these thought running through my head and none of them made any sense. All of a sudden the doctor came in along with Nick and my brother, Axel. They all had concerned looks on their faces.

"Axel, what the hell is happening?" I asked, thankful someone was here that made sense.

"Bailey, what day is it?" The doctor cut in.

"Uhm, October 15th, I think."

The three of them gave each other concerned looks.

"What are you three looking at each other like that for? And Nick why are you here?"

Axel sat down beside me. "Bailey, October 15th is when we left dock."

"Yeah, so?"

"It's November 17th."

The doctor asked me one last question. "Bailey, what boat do you currently work for?"

"The fricken Time Bandit of course! Why does everyone keep trying to insinuate different?!"

"Because, Bailey... you never left dock with us. You quit and went to work for the Cape Caution." Axel said quietly.

"It appears you have amnesia." The doctor informed me.

"Okay, none of this makes any fricking sense! Why would I quit the Time Bandit? So what if I have amnesia? I know that didn't happen. And why does Zack Larson keep trying to tell me we're dating?"

"Because Bailey, you did and you are. All of those things are true." Nick explained "You got mad at Jonathan and Andy for catering to Scott, Phillip and Axel so you quit. We were short a man so I got you a job working for us and you and Zack kind of kissed and were a thing. Then you got hit in the head with a crab pot, went unconscious and here we are."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. None of it made sense but everyone was telling me the same thing so it has to be true. I just wish I could remember it for myself. I mean, if this stuff really did happen, I wanna know why? I want to be able to understand everything that happened for myself. What if I did fall for Zack Larson? If I did, what happens if I don't feel the same way again? Zack seems like a sweet guy, I don't want to hurt him like in those chick flicks I used to watch with my brothers' girlfriends.

"Where's Dad?" I turned to Axel.

"He's still out at sea. He tried to come after Wild Bill called us and said that the Coast Guard had airlifted you, but right before they arrived to get us something major broke in the engine room so he had to stay and fix it."

"Oh."

"Well, we should let her get some rest." the doctor stated and the three of them headed for the door.

"Nick?" I asked.

Nick turned around. "Yeah."

"I really don't wanna be alone, will you stay with me?" I asked him. I knew my brother needed to figure out what was going on for himself, so I asked the only other person available that I trusted.

"Of course." He replied. He pulled put the sofa-bed in my room and made himself comfortable. He knew I didn't want to talk about what happened anymore, so he filled me in on what was happening with him. How his daughter was doing, him wanting to move to New Mexico. It helped calm me down, and soon enough I fell asleep.

Hey Everyone!

Plot twist! Muahahaaaa!!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to TravyBearNLT for helping me write this! You're so awesome!

Also, this story now has 300+ views! That's so beyond crazy for me to even think about! You guys are amazing!

I love you all more than Jake loves his new baby. <--- Well, close, anyways. ;)

~Dev, DeadliestSeahawk13