Chapter 9: Catching Up and Nightmares.

Wild Bill's POV

After awhile Nick and Miles went to their bunk to get some sleep before they took over driving the boat for the night. Bailey was still fast asleep on Zack, so I decided to take the opportunity to talk to him for awhile - something I don't get the chance to do much.

"So I was thinking, maybe this season it would be a good idea for you to take over a little more. Start learning what it takes to be captain." I said.

"Yeah! I'd love that."

"Good. You're the reason I started doing this again, so I figured it would be a good idea to teach you what you cane up here to learn. Then maybe I can actually retire this time!" I laughed.

We talked for about 45 minutes, just catching up on each other's lives. Although we try, were not exactly close, but we're working on it.

"Well, I think I'm gonna catch some sleep. Night, dad." Zack said as he scooped up Bailey and headed towards their bunk.

"Night Zack."

Bailey's POV

I woke up right as Zack was setting me down on my bunk. I don't remember falling asleep, but I guess I must have.

"Zack, what are you doing?" I asked, still basically asleep.

"You fell asleep a couple of hours ago" he said, straightening my sleeping bag over me.

"Hmm. So what did you two for 2 hours?"

"Mostly I talked to my dad. We don't really get the chance to do that."

"Really? That must be hard."

"Yeah, but at least we're trying now."

"Yeah."

"Well, we need some sleep. Goodnight Bai."

"Night Zack."

* fast forward 2 hours *

I've always been a warrior. And I've always been worrier. But not in that order. Especially when it comes down to nightmares of crab boats called the Time Bandit sinking and never seeing half of my family again. I have these about once a week, so I'm used to them, but I guess this one got to me, because I woke up to Zack shaking me. I was sweating, which is unusual when you're on the Bering sea.

"Bailey, are you okay? You were screaming." Zack asked with concern in his face.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just had another dream about... Uhm, the Time Bandit sinking. I have them all the time."

"Okay, as long as you're fine."

The truth is I wasn't. For some reason this time it was really getting to me. Maybe because I'm not there if something does happen. How could I just leave then like that? What uf somethibg horrible did happen to them? I felt myself tear up and before I fully understood my own thoughts I was telling Zack all of this.

"Bailey, it's okay. You're not a bad person for leaving them."

"I know but... Will you sleep with me?" I wasn't sure where exactly that came from but apparently my mouth thought it was a good idea to say.

"Of course." He said and crawled onto my bunk.

We talked for a couple of minutes before we were both asleep.

Hey guys!

This chapter is pretty bad, I know, but it's just a filler.

Also, it's now summer so I'll be updating a lot more!!

Love you all!

~Dev, DeadliestSeahawk13