Chapter 2: You've found yourself a job.

Bailey's POV

I walked off the boat, madder than I've ever been in my life. I wasn't just mad because of my uncles, I was mad because if any chance I had to run the boat wasn't already gone, it sure was now.

As I made my way down the docks, I was stopped by one of my closest friends, Nick McGlashan.

"Hey, Bai!" He yelled.

"Hi Nick" I tried to sound okay, but I guess it didn't work and he could tell that I was less than enthused.

"What's wrong?" he asked with genuine concern on his face as he made his way over to me.

"Nothing, I'm fine" I said, not even trying to sound convincing.

"Bailey McKenna Hillstrand. I've know you for let's see... 9 years now. I know when something's wrong, and right now something is wrong. You might as well tell me."

"Nick, how many times do I have to tell you I'm fine?"

"You're not even trying to sound convincing"

At that moment my anger came back and I lashed out on Nick. "Okay, if you really must know, I just lost any chance I've ever had at running the Time Bandit, and pretty much quit my job and lost any relationship I have with Andy! Is that enough to satisfy you or do you want my life's back story of perpetually not being good enough to run my family's boat and having it made clear for the past 13 years?"

"Wow. I'm so sorry. I... I didn't know."

"Oh my God I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to say that to you! I'm just... I'm just so beyond mad right now..."

"It's fine. I get it. I'd be mad too." He said.

"I don't even know what in the world I'm gonna do for a job now."

Right when I said that, Nick got his signature, mischievous smile. "Right, you don't have a job anymore, do you?"

"Nick what are you up to?" I asked suspiciously.

"Nothing.... come with me."

"Oookkkaayyy." I followed, completely unaware of his plan.

We walked onto the Cape Caution and into the wheelhouse.

"Hey boss" Nick said.

"What's up? Wild Bill asked.

"You know how we're all short on deckhands and stuff and you couldn't find anyone to hire so we'd be running a 3 man deck then entire trip?" Nick said trying not to give anything away.

"Yeah."

"Well, what would you do if I told you I know someone who's out of a job and has been working on a crab boat for 9 years and on a boat for 13? And I mean they're a sick fisherman."

"I'd probably say you're either lying, or there's a catch."

"Well you'd be right about one of them..." Nick's voice trailed off and he began to look uncomfortable.

"Just spit it out, I don't have time for your bs, Nick."

"Well, what if I also told you she's a girl?"

"Oh, so is that why Bailey's here?"

"Hey Bill" I said sheepishly.

"Well, I've seen her fish and she is pretty good. We're also short a deckhand."

"Both amazing points" Nick said.

"Shut up for five damn seconds Nick. I need to hear from the lady in order for me to be sold on the idea of having a woman on deck. So, Bailey, you're going to be a part of a smaller crew meaning you just have to work that much harder to prove yourself and just in general. Are you up for that?"

"Of course. I'm always up for a challenge and if it means I have to work harder and prove myself then that's what I'll do." I said.

"And this isn't you're family's boat, so your captain is gonna be harder on you."

"I wouldn't expect any different."

"Okay then. You've found yourself a job."

"Thank you so much Bill, you won't regret it!" I said hugging him

"You're welcome" he laughed. "Now go get your stuff so we can finish loading and get the hell out of here."

"Yes sir!" I exclaimed.

Nick and I walked out of the wheelhouse and onto the deck.

"Thank you so much, Nick! I'll never be able to thank you enough. I really thought I was screwed for the year!"

"No problem! You're like my little sister, I'd do anything for you. And, I'm honestly glad we're not gonna have to run a three man deck for an entire year. Now hurry up and go get your stuff, I wanna get out of here."

"Me too!"I hugged him before running back to get my stuff.

Hey guys!

How'd y'all like chapter 2? I really hope you all are enjoying this story! Please vote and comment! I love getting any kind of feedback so that I can make this story something y'all love!

Thank you all for reading! I love you more than you know!

~Dev, DeadliestSeahawk13