Chapter 10: Man Down.

Nick's POV

I woke up unwillingly around 5:00 am. I sat up and my nose led me to believe that there was cooking bacon around me somewhere. I got dressed and trudged into the kitchen, where Bailey was cooking breakfast.

"Morning Bailey" I said sitting down.

"Morning Nick" She said with a smile.

"Why are you cooking at 5:00 in the morning?"

"Uhm, because I thought you guys would like a decent breakfast this morning. I had a hard time falling asleep anyway, so here I am." She said, flipping a pancake.

"Well that's nice of you" I muttered while pouring some coffee.

"Breakfast is almost done. Nick, will you wake Miles and Bill? Zack is up in the wheelhouse on wheel watch."

"Sure thing."

I walked over to Bill's bunk and woke him up. Then the real fun came. I had to get back at Miles for yesterday, so I woke him up by blasting "Highway to Hell" on my phone, right next to his ear.

I walked back to the kitchen where Bailey was laughing at me and shaking her head.

"You're just trying to make him hate you" she laughed.

"No, just remind him who's deck boss." I laughed with her.

Everyone came in and we ate breakfast quickly. After we finished, the four of us went to get our gear on.

"This is going to be a long day" Zack muttered.

"Yep" Bailey agreed. "But as long as Nick and Miles don't fight again, we should all make it out of here alive."

"Hey, we make it interesting!" I retorted.

"Whatever. Just, keep the fighting until after we're done." Zack said.

"Okay, okay. As long as you two keep the PDA until we're done."

Bailey rolled her eyes and slapped my shoulder as we walked out on deck.

We spent the next 3 hours doing nothing but running non stop to haul pots. We were getting ready to set them about 4 miles away, when I looked over and saw Bailey on the ground.

"Man down!!!!" I yelled and ran over to her. "Bailey are you okay?!" She appeared to only have a gash on her face, but I wasn't quite sure how.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I just got hit when the pot started swinging." She laughed.

"We should take you inside and make sure you don't have a concussion." I said.

Zack and I walked her inside and sat her down in the gear room. We checked her over and everything appeared to be fine.

"Is she okay?" Wild Bill asked. He had Miles take the wheel so he could find out what was going on.

"She looks like it" Zack said.

"I feel fine" Bailey said, getting annoyed with our hovering.

"Okay then, you guys need to get ready to go out again." WIld Bill instructed.

Bailey's POV

We started getting ready to go back out on deck again. Everyone had finally stopped hovering over me...

Then everything went dark.

Hey guys!

Cliffhanger!! Sorry. (Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. ;))

This chapter was written from Nick's POV because my brother  asked me to. XD

My new updating plan is update something everyday. So, since I have 2 stories, that means I'll be updating this one every other day. I'm not sure how good I'll be at sticking with it, but I'm going to try my hardest!

Also, I've entered this story in the #Wattys2015 :)I'm not planning on winning anything, but I thought it'd be fun.

Thank you guys so much for your support! I love y'all!

~Dev, DeadliestSeahawk13