chapter 11- Accident

The twins had woken up the next morning, the eldest ready to dive back into bed. As the youngest found himself sitting at their desk with book in hand already reading into how Harry Potter had saved Sirius black.

They were both in their own minds, with Damon dreaming about racing his car very soon he saw he even saw a glimpse of a certain blonde in there, as Hardin traced his fingers along the page of his favourite book smiling as he could imagine the scene in his own mind.

Damon was just getting back to sleep when the bedroom door burst open, revealing a very awake Bella Swan in her purple pj's and messy hair.

"It's fucking snowing." She whinned before crashing on top of the covers of Damon's bed snuggling next to him.

"Language." Hardin spun around in his chair, his grey dressing gown covering his blue pj's.

Damon snorted before rolling over and shoving Bella ever so slightly and pointing at his pyjama top that was on the floor, he never slept in a top seeing as it made his body heat up making his scars itch.

He hated the feeling of them when he was warm. It felt as if they were brand knew still being woven into his body.

Bella understood what he wanted and handed it to him before looking back at Hardin, who averted his eyes from Damon.

Hardin knew Damon struggled with his scars, with the way they hurt his body as if he was being poked by a buring hot iron.

Damon sat up, jumping over Bella so he could get up and look out the window to see what Bella was whinning about.

A fine layer of snow covered the yard, dusted the top of my truck, and whitened the road. But that
wasn't the worst part. All the rain from yesterday had frozen solid - coating the needles on the trees in fantastic, gorgeous patterns, and making the driveway a deadly ice slick.

Now he understood why Bella was so unhappy. The girl could hardly walk on the ground when it was dry, but now that it was covered in ice Damon had a feeling he would need to be on Bella watch all day to make sure she wasn't falling on her face.

"Bami on ice." Damon spoke, sharing a smirk with Hardin as Bella groaned, throwing herself back on the bed.

The three Swans found themselves getting ready for school once again, halfway through them rushing around like headless chickens getting ready for school. Charlie had called up his goodbye, and the siblings responded.

Sometimes, it felt like they were living on their own, although they knew that wasn't true because even though Charlie struggled with using a phone, he always made sure to call and text.

It reminded the siblings that they were safe here, under the protection of the chief there, father, who would shoot anyone who dared lay a hand on his children.