chapter five- Hand flex

It seemed as if the Swan household had become more lively over the past two days. There were normally only a few reasons for that, either a birthday was approaching, or Halloween or Christmas, or a lacrosse game was approaching.

Which meant Bella was working on banners, and Hardin was finding game paint. The game was after school, but the younger siblings of the lacrosse player brother were very supportive and wanted to make sure everything was ready.

Not only was that happening at home but at school as well.

It seemed all the teachers were letting Damon off with some of his work. None of them had seen him play in person, but from what coach said they were expecting a show.

Coach had found videos on line of Damon playing on the field, and it amazed him.

So the spirits were high all around town. As they had their first home game of the season approaching.

But Damon he didn't know what to feel. Normally, he was excited. He'd be bouncing on the balls of his feet.

But as he sat in the library in the corner on the floor, he didn't know what to do. Maybe it was because here their was so many people who expected him to be great out their.

It was surprising that he would be ever stepping foot in a library, that's why he was here. The last place anyone would look.

Apparently, not to her. Because that's where she looked first.

Rosalie didn't approach him. She couldn't no matter how much she wanted to.

But would it look weird that she had found him twice when he seemed to be falling apart.

She listened to the sound of his heartbeat, and with each thump, it reminded her of the reason why she can't be near him.

Damon watched as his lighter lit up, and the flame danced. He watched as the fire was fire swaying side by side.

He hovered his hand over it, feeling the heat on the palm of his hand.

Before he turned it off.

He looked up and found her eyes. She sat at one of the tables far away with papers in front of her.

Getting up, he made his way over.

"Never thought I'd see you in here." Damon spoke. His lips twitching upwards at just the sight of her. As his eyes swam with excitement.