Brighton hotel

Well, back to reality Melinda. She was talking to herself. You need to pull yourself together. Forget him. It was nice, but it's gone now. She stood in front of the hospital and didn't know where to go. It's almost the end of the holidays and in three weeks, she will start working again. She hasn't thought about work all summer. Now, it's all she has left. She met Max at work... But now it's over... Three wonderful months with him. She loves her job and that's what she needs to focus on. She's got a great job, she's making great money. She finds her own apartment like she's always wanted, and starts living a great life. And she doesn't need any man to do it. As soon as she walked into the house, Mark hugged her tightly. 

''Why didn't you say they'd let you go today. I could have come for you.''

'' There's no need.''

'' How are you feeling?''

'' Shit.'' She said and went to her room. 

She thought he'd be offended, about the kiss. That kiss, she thought again, how good that kiss had been. After a while, Mark knocked on the door. She thought to herself, that Mark would never give up and would never leave her alone. He probably wants to confess his love to her again and she will reject him again. 

''Can we talk?'' He asked, looking nervous.

''sure'' she said and sat on the bed

''I want you to leave. ''

''What?''

'' I want you to move out.''

'' Are you kicking me out?''

'' I kind of yes. ''

''But, but why?''

'' You wanted to leave a long time ago''

''. Yes, but, but now...''

'' Look, you know I love you, and I know, you don't love me, and you never will, like you've said several times. So it doesn't do me any good to have you here.''

'' And where do you want me to go?''

'' I don't know.'' he said taking a deep breath and leaving the room.

If she hadn't been sitting on the bed she would surely have passed out. What the hell is going on? First Max breaks up with her, and now Mark kicks her out of the house. This has to be a bad dream. Maybe she's in a coma.

''That's how my summer was. And now I'm living in a cheap hotel.'' She said as she and Amber sat in a rooftop restaurant at one of Amber's favorite places.

 She took a sip from her drink and put it down on the magazine on the table. On the cover was Max and a serial actress Melinda didn't know very well. They kissed. Those pictures have been on the cover of every magazine since they broke up. It was like she had a knife stuck right through her heart. 

''This is unbelievable, Mel. You should write a book about it.''

''Yes, maybe I will.'' She said, looking at the magazine

''You can thank them, both of them. Men are just a burden. Believe me, I know. It's time for you, to focus on your career.''

''My career... you know, I've always wanted to be an actress. Maybe I'll try it again. ''She said, furrowing her brow and trying to hold back the tears.

''You should.'' Amber said, taking a sip of her drink

''I know the right people, you know I'll help you.'' She said, trying to look modest.

''Thank you, Amber. ''she said, smiling as big as she could

''I think you should get out of London for a few days. Get some rest, relax, treat yourself to a spa.'' said Amber