Roses

Melinda dreamt about Max all nigh. They were hosting a show together, sitting at a table, naked, and at one point they started kissing. The scene changed, they were in a meadow, the sun was setting and they were playing naked ping pong. When she woke up, the first thing on her mind was Max. The infatuation of success on the show was over, and now she wondered, why she had turned down a date invitation, from the sexiest man on the planet. She got out of bed and went to the shower. She was still thinking about Max. Hot drops of water ran down her face and all over her body, and she imagined his beautiful body and perfect face. The way he smiled at her and the way he looked at her. Then she remembered again, how she had rejected him and wanted to slap herself. She cooled off with cold water, put on a pink satin bathrobe and went back to bed. She wondered, if there was anything she could do, to make it right.

'' Melinda ! Come here ! Mark called out to her

He stood at the door of the house, and opposite him was a young blond boy, holding a huge bunch of red roses. The flowers were for her. Surprised, she pressed the flowers to her chest and sniffed them on the way to the kitchen. They were gorgeous and there was a card stuck in the center of it. She took the card in her hand and read aloud.

'' Beautiful flowers, for a beautiful woman . Max''

She's back in the game, her stupid behavior hasn't deterred him. On the contrary, he sent her flowers. She couldn't stop smiling and she was beaming all over.

''Who sent you those flowers?'' Mark asked

''Max Wild'' she said, still smiling

''The singer?'' he asked after a moment's thought

'' Yes''

''Why would Max Wild send flowers to you?''

They looked at each other. Melinda looked offended and Mark looked jealous. She looked at him angrily, but said nothing. She put the flowers in the vase and kept looking at them. Mark couldn't watch it and left the kitchen. Later that day, she got a message on her cell phone.

''Do you like roses? Max''

She felt like a 15 year old girl in love. She didn't even know, what to write back. She has to maintain her image.

''First, yes. Second, where the hell did you get my number? Third, how the hell do you know, where I live? And four, thank you.''

A whole day passed, but no reply came. She was nervous and didn't know what to think. Did she mess it up again? Maybe he just doesn't have time to answer. She walked around the house with her cell phone in her hand. Every once in a while, she checked to see, if he had answered. Mark snatched the cell phone out of her hand and chased each other around the house. He threw himself on his bed and Melinda threw herself on top of him. She tried to snatch the cell phone out of his hand, but he rolled her onto the bed and lay down on top of her. She couldn't resist him, he was big and strong. They smiled at each other and gasped.

''Give me back my phone''she barely said

''And what do I get for it?''

''I'll let you live'' she said and Mark laughed

''I was hoping it would be a kiss'' he said, looking at her open lips as she gasped

''Mark, I'm expecting an important message.'' She said, trying to break free from his grip.

''From who? Amber? Is she out of coffee?''

''No. From Max''

The smile on his face froze. He threw cell phone on the bed, got up and left. Melinda immediately checked her cell phone. No answer. Mark had gone somewhere and she was left alone in the house. All day she sat by the window in her room and waited. She watched the clouds and the sun, and when it got dark, she carried bouquet into her room. She put it on the little table by her bed, lay down, and promptly fell asleep. When she opened her eyes in the morning, the first thing she saw, was a bouquet. Mark called to her, to come to breakfast. There was cheese toast on the table, she sat down at the table, and just then the doorbell rang. She froze all over, she had a strange premonition. She ran to open the door. The blond boy was holding a bouquet of yellow roses. It was even bigger than the first one. She walked back to the kitchen with it and put bouquet in a vase. Mark was leaning against the kitchen counter, when he saw her. He bit into his toast, as if he wanted to bite into the bouquet. She stood next to him and smiled. She pulled out a card and read it to herself.

''Beautiful roses, for the most beautiful rose. Max''

He snatched the card from her hand and read it. He threw it on the kitchen counter in disgust.

''Bullshit. I hope you don't fall for it. A guy like that, he'll take what he wants from you and you won't see him again.'' He said, waving the toast in her face.

Melinda picked up the card again, read it again, and smiled. The cell phone she had laid on the table vibrated.

''Amber told me all about you. Max''

Everything? Did she tell him everything? Even how she grew up and that she'd been arrested? Did she tell him that ? If she did and he sent her flowers anyway, it doesn't matter. She started to write a reply.

''Thank you, those flowers are as beautiful as your eyes''she deleted it

''Thank you, those flowers are gorgeous, like you'' she deleted it

She thought about what to write him. She wanted to be nice, but she didn't want to let on that it was making her knees buckle. Mark watched her as she did so, biting into his toast as if the toast was to blame for Max sending her the flowers.

''Thank you, can we meet today?'' Her heart pounded, as she sent this message.

In an instant, she was regretting it. And when she didn't get a reply before she finished her breakfast, she wanted to turn back the clock and never send that message again. Mark left for work and she was alone again. She waited all day for an answer, that didn't came. She asked him out and he didn't answer her. She was ashamed, she was angry, she was sad. She had just gotten out of the shower when Mark came home. She heard him close the door to his room. She quickly put on a pair of black tight shorts and a white tank top that clung to her still wet and naked body. She knocked on the door and walked into his room. He was standing by the bed, wearing only underwear. When he saw her, he froze. They looked at each other like a piece of delicious food.

'' Shall we watch a movie?'' she asked him, unable to tear her eyes away from his body

''Sure'' he said, unable to tear his eyes away from her body.

She took a bucket of strawberry ice cream out of the freezer, sat down on the sofa, and turned on the TV. A moment later, Mark sat down next to her. They snuggled together and watched some disaster movie, which was quite funny and they had a good time while watching it. Mark slowly licked the spoon on which he had a large mound of ice cream. She leaned over to him and licked the spoon too. Her lips were quite close to his. She smiled and looked at him with her seductive gaze. She thought they would fight over the spoon and it would be fun. But Mark leaned over and tried to kiss her. She pulled away and immediately wanted to leave. He put everything on the table and grabbed her around the shoulders with his arms.

'' I'm sorry, forget what just happened please''

''There will never be anything between us Mark, you know that. So please don't do things like that!'' she said angrily and went to her room.

'' Fine, I'm sorry, that I tried to kiss a woman ... she slammed the door... I love !''

He didn't get angry, he ate ice cream and watched a movie. He won't stop trying. Melinda stopped being angry as soon, as she walked into the her room. Rather, she was angry at herself for still giving him hope. She should finally move out of here and let him live his own life. She lay down on the bed and fell asleep.