Revealed

They didn't wake up until lunchtime. Together they showered, dressed and went into town to Max's favourite restaurant.  They were sitting by the window, enjoying their meal, when suddenly something started to hit her eyes.She blinked a few times, looking for the source of the light. Someone was standing on the street taking pictures of her. Max noticed it too and got angry. For it meant exposure and almost certainly trouble for their relationship. The paparazzi snapped a few more pictures and then just watched them. 

''We're going home.'' he said angrily. 

''Why? Because of him?''

'' Yes.''

'' Can't we ignore him?''

'' No, we can't''. He said and stood up.

 Melinda did the same, albeit reluctantly, because she was hungry, and they walked out of the restaurant. Max grabbed her hand and quickly pulled her towards his silver SUV. The paparazzi hurried after them and took pictures. They returned to Max's house and he was in a foul mood for the rest of the day. He tried to explain to her what they were now facing and what he was afraid of. The next morning, she wtched the showbiz news on her mobile. She found several short articles with their photos. The titles of the articles Max Wild on a date, Max and Melinda, The new shobiz couple? It was just a few senteces about Max and his previous relationships. Her stomach clenched, she threw mobile on the couch and went to the garden, where Max was on the phone with someone. 

'' I have to go to Paris'' said Max

'' Why ?'' she asked 

'' It's business thing. Just back and forth''

'' And when did you leave?''

''Today, , but I' ll be back tomorrow night''

'' Oh no, I will miss you... can't I come with you?''

'' Not this time. It's something I have to deal with quickly. Besides, if the paaprazzi follow me and see that I'm alone, maybe they'll give us break.'' he said, but he didn't believe it himself. 

''Maybe..., I'll miss you''

He drove her home, they said goodbey as if they were 't going to see each other a very long time. They kissed and hugged. 

'' Mel'' he looked at the house and furrowed hi bow

''I want you to move in with me as soon as I get back from Paris''

''What do you think? he asked when she didn't answer

''I'm going to go pack my things'' she said 

''I can't wait to get back to you'' he said and kissed her gently

'' I love you Max''

'' I love you too''

She was happy, she couldn't wait to move in wth Max. She imagined their life together and everything she thought of was pleasing to her and she was two interminably long days from it. Mark was sitting on the couch watching TV. 

'' Where is Lola?'' she asked

'' I don't know...''

''You don't know?''

''Why should I know''

'' I thought she was your girlfriend''

Mark got off the couch and stood right in front of Melinda.

'' It was just a one-time thing'' he said and laughed

''Why?'' she asked amusedly

''Because there's no one like you'' he said grabbing her by the waist and pulling her to him.