Mark Benson

She was standing on the sidewalk with her suitcase next to her. There was a handsome tall boy standing at the bus stop. He had short red hair and a long bang that fell in his forehead. An earring shone in his right ear. Beautiful green eyes and big muscles. He was wearing a dark green t-shirt, that accentuated his well-developed body, and shorts of the same colors.He looked at her curiously. He seemed surprised. She smiled at him and he returned her smile.

'' Melinda?'' he asked and walked over to her

''Mark?'' She asked him still smiling. It was obvious to her, because of his red hair.

They greeted each other, shook hands and laughed. Mark kissed her on the cheek. The kiss lasted perhaps a little longer than it needed to, but it was very pleasant.

'' I'll take it," he said, carrying her suitcase in his hand.

They were both quiet on the way home, only occasionally looking at each other and smiling.

'' welcome home''  Mark said opening the door. Melinda walked in and butterflies appeared in her stomach. She is finally home, she thought. Mark carried the suitcase to her room and set it beside the bed.He sat on the bed, pulled a key out of his pocket, and handed it to Melinda.

'' Your house key''  he said.

Her stomach clenched with happines, she took the key and put it in her pocket. She immediately pulled it out, and placed it on the table. She thought she would lose it, if she carried it around in her pocket all day.

''So, did you come here for work?'' he asked

'' so to speak...'' she said

'' what do you mean?''

'' I want to be an actress'' she said and smiled

''An actress?''  Mark looked surprised, and she saw a mockery in his eyes

''And where are you going to work, before you become an actress, if I may ask?''

She began to panic.Where will she work before she becomes an actress?  She need a work and she needs it now. She quit at mall, because it was far from here, she couldn't stay there.

'' I don't know yet'' She said, pacing nervously around the room.

She looked through everything, opened all the drawers in the closet, and panicked more and more. She stoped at the window and looked out.All she could see was another house, but she didn't mind. They were both quiet. Mark scaned her from top to bottom. She felt his gaze. She was ashamed. She moved here, she doesn't have a job and Mark must think, she's stupid if she thinks she's going to be an actress.

'' You know, I own a cleaning business, I inherited it from my father'' he said looking proud

'' Oh, that's cool'' she said and keept looking out the window.

'' You could work for me, I'll pay you well.. you'll have enough for rent and yourself. Until you become an actress of course '' he said waiting for her reaction.

''Are you serious?'' she asked  looking up at him, with her big green eyes that completely disarmed him

'' Sure '' he said and he couldn't take his eyes of her

'' Thank you'' she sat down next to him and hugged him

Mark hugged her too, and smelled her hair, which smelled like a meadow of flowers.

'' But only until I become a famous acctress'' she said and laughing

''Sure '' he said and lughing as well. All he could think about was, what he had to do, to get her.

She stood up, put her suitcase on the bed, and began to pick out her things. He noticed that she had just few things.

'' And where you lived before?''

'' Here, in London, but difrent borough. Worse.''

''Worse?''

''.Yes, I grew up in an orphanage," she said, feeling, sad as she remembered leaving today and seeing her friends, waving goodbey. Mark immediately took advantage of this to steal another hug. Without warning, he clung to her with his whole body and hugged her tightly.

'' I'm so sorry'' he said, smelling her hair again and smilling.

She knew what he was up to. She laughed and pulled away from him. They both laughed, Melinda took his hands and smiled at him.

'' Thanks '' she said and continued to unpack

'' We should celebrate your new home''

'' It would be cool''

'' I'll take you to the pub tonight''

'' I can't wait ''

'' Me too'' he said and locked at her from top to bottom.

She felt they were going to be best friends, he felt something else. They had fun that night and both felt like they had known each other all their lives. They spent all their time together. In the evening they sat in the pub, during the day they spent time in the park or at home they sat on the bed and practiced dialogues for the audition. They both had a great time, and although Mark didn't know much about theatre and acting, he was right about one thing. It was almost impossible to make it big and find work in this business without a friend in the right place, and you had to be lucky or be a prostitute . Since Melinda moved in with Benson, determined to become an actress, she hasn't even come close to the theatre. She was leaving auditions more and more disgusted. She hadn't been able to push herself enough at any of the auditions to get picked, and she didn't understand why that was, and she was beginning to think that her dream was slowly falling apart.