Rahatien

Uski Yaad Aayi Hai Sanson, Zara Dheere Chalo,

Dhadknon Se Bhi Ibadat Mein Khalal Padta Hain

-Rahat Indori

Hosh Waalon Ko Khabar Kya, Bekudi Kya Cheez Hai,

Ishq Kijiye, Phir Samajhie Zindagi Kya Cheez Hai

-Nida Fazli

"Murtasim, Please put your phone down and help me pick out vases," Meerab called out.

Murtasim took the 2,812th picture of his wife in the last six days before slipping his phone back into his pocket. His heart flew every time his wife called him by his name. With the care and tenderness she said his name, Murtasim felt a calm wash over him each time. She wore a simple peach cotton dress that went past her knees, paired with sneakers. Meerab had let her hair down at his insistence this morning; he loved running his hands through the silkiness of it. They had been scouting the art galleries, blue pottery, and antique shops all over Santorini for them to decorate Meerab Manzil.

Murtasim saw Greece through Meerab's eyes this time, and he loved how she could find wonders in small things. As the mid-morning sun brought its heat, Murtasim unclipped Meerab's sun hat from his waist and placed it on her head as he reached her. After making sure that she was protected from the harshness of the sun, Murtasim warped his arms around her waist. Gathering her in his arms, he rested his chin on her shoulder. In need of more contact for his satisfaction, he placed a chaste kiss on her collarbone before getting to the business of shopping and haggling with his wife.

Meerab leaned into her husband as he wrapped his arms around her, taking comfort in his strength. Meerab was now Murtasim Khan's wife in every manner. The chaste kiss he had placed for his solace on her collarbone had made her toes curl. There was no place in the villa where they had not made love. Murtasim had been patient with her in every way. Whether it was lovemaking, when she tried new things in Greece or overjoyed at sightseeing. This fast-paced, well-traveled man has slowed himself down to her pace. Meerab fell in love with him again and again.

On the morning after their first night, her husband had cooked her eggs. To say that Meerab was impressed would be an understatement. Not only had he cooked, but he left the kitchen spotless after. He cooked like he did everything else, with meticulous perfection. The architect had sent a couple of plans for Meeran Manzil. Her husband seemed more enthusiastic about the house than her. They argued over everything, and Meerab loved every minute of it. Meerab Manzil was something that would be just theirs, and he wanted the house to represent both of them.

Murtasim wore khakis with a white shirt, which he filled out nicely. His fedora covered his silky locks. That man turned heads everywhere he went. His shoulders were relaxed, his walk lazy, and his smiles came easier this past week. Her husband seemed to have clicked a million pictures of her, but what he did not know was that she had clicked a few pictures of him as well. She admired his muscles as he paid for the vases. Next thing Meerab knew, her husband took he hand and pulled her into the closest alley.

Her back against the wall, Murtasim flicked her hair off her shoulders and placed a light kiss on her collarbone, "Your scent, meri begum, is my drug." His words sent a now familiar excitement through her blood—his hard, muscled chest against her soft curves both protected and excited her as his thumb traced her bottom lip, "I could never get my fill," he whispered against her lips before capturing them with his. The taste of him was now familiar and all hers. The kiss was raw, primitive, and fire, just like him. If Murtasim Khan were a flavor- he would be called blazing excitement.

As the sun set on the Mediterranean Sea, the crimson sky embraced the turquoise sea at the horizon. Murtasim had taken out his catamaran yacht, and they were cruising through the white beach. As he was chatting quickly with the captain, Murtasim saw his wife walk out to the deck in a purple jumpsuit. She looked at a jewel against the majestic background of sky and sea. As the Seabreeze blew through her hair, Murtasim felt every coherent thought leave his brain. As the golden rays of the sun hit her peachy skin, she looked like a goddess. Like an entranced man following his siren's song, Murtasim made his way to his wife. Murtasim then gathered Meerab into his arms as he approached her from the back.

As she leaned back into him, Murtasim rested his chin on her shoulder, "I am not looking forward to sharing you with everyone when we go back, begum." Murtasim said, placing a small kiss on her ear.

"I am and will always be first yours, Murtasim," Meerab reassured her husband, enjoying the sound of waves mixed with her husband's heartbeat.

"Hmm," Murtasim agreed as his arms tightened around her waist, "Haq toh hamesha pehle mera hai."

Meerab sensed that there was an uneasiness in her husband. She turned in his arms and took his face in her hands, "I will share you, too, with your work and people. Responsibilities are not shackles, Murtasim. When power meets obligation, it liberates." Meerab raised herself on her toes and placed a gentle kiss on her husband's cheek, "They have a first right on you, and you have the first right on me."

Murtasim's emotions betrayed him at his wife's words, and a smile crept onto his face. "They might have the first right on me, Meerab, but I will always love you more. There is no line I would not cross to protect you and fight for you. My world does not spin without you." Murtasim tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear and gently traced her jawline with his index finger. This woman was his wonder. He still could not understand how he had gotten so lucky to have her in his life. Her eyes shone with love for him, and he felt complete. "You would also not call me Murtasim when we get back. I will miss that."

"I think Khan Sahab has a nice ring to it. I prefer it. It feels mine." Meerab smiled at her husband. Standing on the deck, they saw the fire on the sun being embraced by the calmness of the sea, just like Meerab embraced the storm called Murtasim Khan into her glacial quietness.

The next day, when they arrived home, the entire Haveli was lit up for their welcome. Armaan's wedding was the main point of discussion as it was in one week, and the first function was in two days. Murtasim saw his wife being taken into Badi Amma's room by Heer. Meerab had little Dua in her arms, and Ayat flanked on her other side. His heart ached a little at the distance. Just then, his wife turned and smiled at him before walking into Badi Amma's room. Feeling settled, Murtasim sat down with Junaid and Armaan to discuss business and catch up on the activities that happened when he was gone.

Dinner was a boisterous event. As much as he loved his alone time with Meerab, Murtasim realized he missed his family. Their love and warmth answered all his doubts for the future. His wife was sitting between Agha Jaan and Badi Maa, lecturing both on not taking their medicines on time. A frown crowned her forehead, and though it was in displeasure, her pout was cute. It took all his control not to walk to her and kiss the pout away. His wife thrived with family. Murtasim realized he would never be able to take her away from them. These people loved her before he did.

"Khan Sahab," Meerab called out as she could see her husband's thoughts had taken him far away, "What do you think that their punishment should be for not taking care of themselves."

Murtasim looked at his grandfather and his aunt and then at his wife. "I will leave that in your capable hands, Begum, as I can already see that you will make a terrifying doctor."

Life was back to business, but now it was also beautiful. 

Finally, after two months, here we are. Thank you so much for being so patient with me. I am very grateful for all of my wonderful readers. Thanks to all of you who kept checking on me. It means a lot to me. The last two months were not great. Physical and mental health both took a toll. All your love, concern, and patience played a huge part. I will be hopefully back to my weekly updates. 

Chappals are definitely welcome, as I know I could do better, but I had to restart somewhere. So I am posting this as it is, with all the flaws and faults.  You can also now yell at me on Twitter/X I am so confused as to how to use that platform. The handle is eternizedblues. 

Thank you all for kindness,

Blues!