CH.2

Half-fairy,half-human

For a long time in her life, Furina never dreamed. But this time, she just dreamed of clear water and bubbles. If she was honest, she can't even remember her past life or even what she was doing in the forest. She can just remember defeating the huge demon.

She can't even remember what it said to her. Or how she defeated it. Or what she was doing during those days. She felt like she was just an empty shell and magic supplier.

"Ugh..." Furina grunted as her body felt sore and it hurt her a lot. Every inch of her skin hurt and even opening her eyes hurt.

"Awake finally, fairy?" She heard a familiar voice next to her say and Furina opened her eyes as the sun light hit her and she grunted even more. But then it stopped and she slowly opened her eyes to see a paw blocking sunlight. She turns to the side to see the red fox, Sin.

"Have I been asleep for long?" Furina says as she sits up quickly as she realizes that she fell unconscious.

"For two days. How are you feeling?" He asks, sitting down next to her. They were in the tent as the front was opened. Furina was in a sleeping bag covered with a soft pink blanket. Next to her were a bottle of water and pills.

"Better than ever." Furina turned to him with a smile. That was a half-lie. Furina did feel mentally better somehow. She was feeling weird, but good.

"Suit yourself. Drink that pill, it will help you." He says and Furina obliges. As water passed through her mouth, her eyes widened and the whole bottle was finished.

"Thirsty much?"

She just looked at Sin and realized that the whole time she spent by the lake, that for all of these ten years, she hadn't eaten or drank anything. During all that time, she just existed. Water never tasted so good before. Maybe that's why she feels so physically weak.

"Yeah." She nodded, not knowing that the fox, read her mind and was in shock. If she was half-human, how is she still alive?

"Others will bring you more food and water." He says as he snuggles and closes his eyes. Furina looks at him, chuckling.

"Thank you. For everything. And thank you for staying next to me, Sin." Furina lays back on the mattress and with that, Sin was next to her head and she just happily closed her eyes, finally feeling of being protected and happiness filled her.

As the both of them were sleeping, others arrived from their hunt and they lit up the fire in front of the tent before Anne and Nasiens got inside of the tent to see both of them sleeping comfortably. Sin on his back with all fours in the air as Furina slept on her side one of her hands on his tummy. Both of them chuckled, as they quietly called others to see them.

After some time, both of them woke up and the group was happy to see that Furina was getting better.

"Wow! Percival! This is so delicious!" Furina happily eats the food that Percival prepared for everyone. That was the first meal Furina ate for the first time in her life and she loved it. Percival did have a knack for cooking.