CH.9

Furina de Fontaine

Furina never felt so awkward in her life from what she remembered. As she tried to go with the others, Lancelot explained to her that her health condition wasn't the brightest and that she needed to be with him, just in case.  And then, Anne just pushed her with some kind of cheeky smile, winking at her, telling her to not worry and to just go with Lancelot, leaving confused Furina to walk with the most social person.

Note the sarcasm.

She has recently learned about the word sarcasm, ironically from Lancelot himself, back when he was still in the form of the fox. A white-haired female walks as she gains looks from other people, again the same as before. They looked at her in awe and adoration. Lancelot scoffs, rolling his eyes, before speaking up.

"Please, don't run away like that anymore," Lancelot speaks up as both of them walk searching for Gawain. They were looking around as they made their way towards the gate. The whole time they were walking Furina was observing Lancelot. He was certainly taller than her for head if not even more. Also, he was quite muscular for a male of 16 years. He is probably very popular among females because of his looks. Furina looked at the male before chuckling. She teleported a few steps in front of him before turning around to face him with a smile.

"Why? Were you worried? That's so cute!"

"No, I wasn't," Lancelot says, turning his head away. Furina looked at him for a few moments, before she heard a voice in her head, the same as Lancelot's.

"I was."

"Huh...?" Her eyes widen, standing in front of him as her eyes again change. Lancelot noticed that and got alert, quickly getting closer to the female. His hands stiffed as he wanted to grab her hands, but stopped mid-air. The female was confused as to what was happening to her, already tired of everything that happened that day.

"Lancelot..."

"Are you okay?" He asks, trying to read her mind. But nothing.

"I think I have unlocked my ability to read minds..." She says, looking up at him, not sure what is happening to her.

"Huh?" His eyes slightly widen at the new information.

"Honestly, my head hurts a little bit from all these...." Furina scrunched her nose, and out of a sudden, she could hear a lot of voices in her head from people around them. Lancelot didn't know what triggered her powers to awaken now, but it had bad timing. He let out a sigh and at that moment Furina read his mind and she felt like a burden to him.

Furina looked at the male for a few seconds, not knowing what to feel. Her powers slowly awakened with each memory she remembered. And now that she could read his mind, she didn't want to be in his presence. Because of what she could tell, she was just a burden to him. And she felt that too. Shivers went through her as sadness overcame her.

"Huh? It's starting to rain even though the sun is up there.." People started commenting, drops of water falling by one. Lancelot started walking away, making Furina follow him automatically.

"We will go somewhere where is calmer and at the same time that I can hear their minds," Lancelot says, as Furina nods, looking down at the ground. The male noticed the sudden change in females but chose to don't say anything because he knew how surprising it was to suddenly gain those abilities. 

And soon, they were sitting on some stone wall. The silence fell between the two, as Furina let out a sigh of relief, her mind being much calmer and quieter now. She glanced at Lancelot who was focused on the task. Furina looked back down on her lap, biting her bottom lip. She felt so useless to him.