CH.1

fate: /noun/   —————————————

fate:
/noun/
—————————————

the events in life we never see coming. what is meant to be, even if we don't know why, at times it rewards us and at times it may seem not fair. but in the end, it's our destiny.

Forbidden lake.

The place where most people don't go to. Why you may wonder? Or no you probably think that it's because it's forbidden? Well, you are close, but no.

Forbidden Lake is a magical place, that makes people forget who are they as they get lost in the forest. The lake itself seems so magical and beautiful, as a lot of adventurers and travelers wanted to rest there, slowly losing their memories as time passed by. All victims face a brutal death as a demon eats them alive.

Sadly they aren't even conscious of themselves, so they don't even know what is happening to them. And what's even worse no one knows what is happening outside of the forest.

But that demon was defeated by a small girl. She looked so fragile, so innocent yet she killed a powerful demon and even more brutally than every person he killed and since then little girl lived there.

The little girl's magic made that place more lively and forest animals started coming there as the lake did not affect them. Lake looked brighter, but still, no one knew about that and no one dared to even step a foot on the forest's territory.

And no one visited that lake for at least ten years. Until a group of kids that traveled, decided to go through a forest.

"Ah...Guys, this place gives me the creeps..." Blue-haired female Anghalhad or Anne says, her blue eyes looking around scared while being on the white horse that seemed even more scared than her.

"Same...Shall we go back?" The red-haired male named Donny nods in agreement, looking at the red fox that is walking next to him.

"Wimps." Animal speaks up, making both of humans glare at it. Besides them, there were another two males that just looked around innocently. One had a white hat over his brown hair, his caramel eyes looking everywhere. As other had a helmet as his green hair was tucked in and he was shorter than everyone else.

"Besides...Even if we wanted to go back, now we can't. Because this forest is enchanted."

"Enchanted?!" Anne shouts in shock, placing her hands over her mouth. Her imagination running all over the place.

"Yes. But I can sense a huge source of magic just in front of us. So it may help us." Red fox again spoke up. Others looked between themselves uncertain, but still followed the talking fox.

"Sin, do you know where we are even?" A green-haired male, Percival speaks up cheerfully.

"Somewhere we shouldn't be." The fox answers, his senses on high alert as he knows where they are, unlike everyone else. Others gulped down their saliva, now even more scared.