Chapter 14

Zayn's POV

The day after we took over the main government building, the three of us went back and begin working on getting files sorted and some of the marriages that occurred burned as if they never happened.

"Let's started with Birmingham and work our way down to the smallest towns." Eve suggested, but Liam and I shared a small glance that we wanted to start with our home town first before doing anything else. Of course, that lead to a short argument between the three of us and with me and Eve being as stubborn as we are it took a while. But, I finally got my way after I stopped trying to fight with her and just ignored her until she got annoyed with that.

I stripped out of the bulletproof clothes to something more comfortable, which was some light blue jeans and a white shirt. After that, I started going through the files of Bradford to find Niall's. I know I should go in order like we had planned, but I wanted to read up on Niall's background and stuff that he doesn't even know about. Also, we're all  just a curious teenagers so we all went and started looking through things that interest us before actually starting to work.

When I pulled his file out, I sat on the floor and shined my flashlight over the front of it. A big black stamp was across it with the word married across it. I then opened it to see a small picture of Niall on the top of the stacks of papers. I knew it was from the day we got married because of his freshly dyed blond hair. His cheeks looked blotchy from crying and his blue eyes looked full of worry, yet he still had a small smile on his lips. It was just the top half of him so I saw the same clothes he was wearing the day he became mine. A white shirt with a black pull over short sleeve flannel thing. I took the picture and placed it gently in my back pocket before continuing to read through the rest of the papers.

The information in here was just saying he was a Carrier, meaning he could have babies and other things about his weight and hight and blood type. Then I got to the family history part. It said his father was forcefully removed from Ireland when he was 23 and forced to marry another woman that had been removed from Ireland a few months before. The only reasoning behind this was they were both taken because of governmental lab testing.

As I read on, I found more and more information about him, one piece interested me on how Niall's older brother was taken to work in the Head System and the whole family had to take an oath not to speak of it.

I quickly set down Niall's file and pulled out his brothers under the name of Greg Horan. But when I looked on the front, it had two other stamps on it than just married. One said confidential and the other said deceased.

"What are you getting up to over here?" Liam asked me, making me jump because I didn't know he was even right next to me. I just showed him the file that I had in my hands. He looked over it, then started to open it but I took it from him before he could.

"I'm giving it to his parents before I read it. They deserve to know what happened to their son. In Niall's file he said he didn't know where his brother was, other than in the Head System's hands. The Horan family doesn't know their first born child is dead." I told Liam sadly, then set the folder down by my feet. He looked at me sadly before handing me his one folder he hand in his hands.

"It's your dad's. They, uh, wrote a warning to watch his son as he grew up in fear of a rebellion. I found that funny because, well, here we are." I chuckled and opened my dad's file, getting the picture out that was there. It was when he was 18 and he looked just like me. I smiled lightly before feeling my eyes start to burn.

"Are you proud of me, Baba?" I asked the picture quietly. One tear fell, making Liam pull me into his strong arms. I took a some deep breaths to calm down before pulling away and putting the picture in the same pocket with Niall's picture.