17. A whole different person

Izel opened her eyes, because of bright sun rays shining through the windows. She noticed that she was still by Luna's bedside. She must have fallen asleep and the Healer must have been kind enough to let her.

Her back ached from the sleeping position she's been in the entire night. She straightened her posture and let out a groan.

„Shit, Dad must be worried I didn't come home, or maybe he expected this." Izel looked over to the clock hanging over the door. „6:25? Then I'll still have time to stop by home and be back here by 9:00."

Izel placed a kiss on Luna's forehead, as their father used to do, and left the room.

Only just now did she notice how many ghosts were roaming the hallway. She didn't expect any less, this was a hospital after all. A lot of people die here. She kept her gaze down to the ground, to avoid looking at the Ghosts gazes at her. She didn't want them to know she could see them.

Quickly she turned into the woman's bathroom. She almost leaped away from the mirror in shock, as she looked at herself. Her eyes were red and puffy, her nose red and her hair looked like a birds nest, but what she noticed the most was the scar that stretched  across her cheek. She was already not in the mood just by imagining people asking what had happened.

She quickly tried to comb her hair with her hand, which didn't work rather well and left the bathroom again.

„Poor girl. Her sister got attacked by a werewolf. Now she must suffer too and turn into a Werewolf every full moon." A female ghost stated to another.

Trying to ignore what the dead people were saying, she walked faster and bumped accidentally into someone.

Looking up, she saw Healer Murphy looking down at her holding out his hand to her, to help her up. She took it and let him pull her off from the ground.

„I'm sorry, I didn't watch where I was going. And I'm sorry I stayed here for way more than a hour. I fell asleep." She wasn't actually sorry for the second statement, but her mother taught her to be polite.

Healer Murphy chuckled, „I know. I let you. I can only imagine how hard it must be for you and your family."

Izel nodded, „Oh, where are you fireplaces? I need to go home. I was planning on asking the receptionist, but now you're here, so.."

„Of course, follow me."

As Izel was walking after the 40-year old healer, she was still keeping her gaze on the ground, which worried Healer Murphy.

„Can I ask why you keep staring at the ground?"

„Oh, it's nothing, I just have to progress everything." She lied flawlessly.

„I understand."

After some minutes of silence, they stopped in front of a fireplace.

„Thanks."

„You're welcome."

Izel grabbed the Flo powder, stepped into the fireplace and threw it to the ground, while shouting, „Lovegood's house."

What she saw next was shocking. A few feet away from her stood a large cage in the middle of the room, almost blocking the stairs. (A/N: Picture is at the top.)

„What?" She stepped out of the fireplace and neared the cage to inspect it. The cage was out of metal and had three big locks on the door and a metal collar attached to it on the inside. Then it dawned on her. This cage was for Luna.

„Dad?!" She shouted.

„Yes?" He shouted sleepily from the upper floor.

Running upstairs she found him in his room, almost asleep.