13. Exams and returning a favor

Due to the upcoming exams, Izel was pretty much occupied in the Library every day to learn. But she made sure to visit Leo, the golden foal, every day. Sadly she was too occupied to practice her ghost magic.

She surely didn't want to fail the exams. Potter doesn't have to worry about that, she thought. He is Professor Dumbledores favourite student, without a doubt. Even if he would get a Troll on every exam, Professor Dumbledore wouldn't let him fail.

Izel hated studying, but she did wanted to be a good role model for her little sister. It wouldn't look good if she was going to fail this. She also was keen to make her father proud, with her mother gone, she was often feeling left out, when her father and Luna hang out together. Izel was sure her father was trying his best, but she couldn't help feeling like Luna is his favourite child.

In generally, she felt quite lonely at Hogwarts. In her Dorm was nobody to speak with, because of the rumours going around about her and she only had three friends at Hogwarts after all. Fred and George, who were often nowhere to be seen, so she couldn't hang out with them, and Neville, who spent time in the green house. Izel didn't like plants that much, and didn't fancy being around them all day. Sometimes however she would stop by, just to see a smile form on Neville's face.

Anyways, the exams were tomorrow and so she was again, in the Library. Granger also spent countless days here, so they could not avoid bumping into eachother accidentally. They didn't speak, just sneaked glances at each other.

She just had taken a look into a transfiguration book, as two red-headed familiar boys appeared through the Library door. They sat themselves on each of her side and grinned at her.

„Boys.., what did I do to be graced with your appearance?" She sarcastically said, without looking up from her book.

„Well, we heard some interesting rumours.. about you." One of them said while pointing at her and grinning at his twin.

„Look..-" Izels head snapped up with an annoying expression on her face, before she could express her opinion about it, the twins beat her to it.

„No, no, no. Don't you worry, Cotton.-"

„We think it is wicked!"

'I can assure you it is not', was all she thought as she only raised her eyebrow at them.

Wanting to assure herself, she asked, „So you don't think I'm a lunatic, crazy or a freak?" She spat the words out with her head down, so they were unable to see the tears in her eyes. Before either of them could answer, she added grim, „Because that's what they've been shouting in the hallways at me."

Fred and George exchanged a look with eachother before saying 'no' simultaneously.

Izel just nodded and continued to stare at her book, thinking that the twins were just going to disappear again at some point.

That did not happen...

Sadly..

„Sooo..." One of them peeked over her shoulder to see what she was reading.

„Tell us more about it!" He did the same as his twin, on the other side.

Izel let out a groan of annoyance, „Don't you see that I'm trying to study? The Exams are coming up and I don't want to fail them! I'll tell you some other time, alright?" Yes she was lying, but what about it?

Both of them pouted and tried their luck with puppy eyes.

„No." Izel squeezed her eyes together and pinched her nose bridge. They didn't stop. She leaned back in her chair and groaned, „Please boys!"