15. Neville's Birthday

(picture above is not mine! Credits go to the artist!)

„I completely forget we're going to get our exam results today! I hope they don't turn out to be that bad, Neville." She said, covering her face in her hands.

„I'm sure it will be fine." He smiled and took her hands gently away from her face.

„You're right, I shouldn't worry so much." She smiled back.

They were sitting at the large Gryffindor table, eating breakfast, before they had to go get the train.

Finally, what all the students had dread all day came flying in. Several Owls dropping Letters to every one of all the students.

Excited and completely ignoring their food, they all opened it. Groans and happy shouts were heard in the hall. Izel and Neville hadn't taken part in the happy shouts. But that didn't have to mean that they weren't happy about their grades. She looked down at the parchment, not really believing yet that first year was already over. The first year was chaotic and at some point miserable, but her friendship with Neville made it also wonderful. She looked at Professor McGonagall's neat handwriting again.

𝓣𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓼𝓯𝓲𝓰𝓾𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 - 𝓐
𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓶𝓼 - 𝓔
𝓟𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 - 𝓞
𝓗𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓜𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓬 - 𝓟
𝓓𝓐𝓓𝓐 - 𝓔
𝓐𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓸𝓷𝓸𝓶𝔂 - 𝓞
𝓗𝓮𝓻𝓫𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝔂 - 𝓐

She was proud of her grades except in History of Magic where she had gotten a P for Poor, but she couldn't care less, she reckoned that all except Granger had gotten the same grade. Almost every student slept when they had History of Magic. She couldn't blame them, the History itself was fascinating and interesting, but the way Professor Binns talked and read, made it extremely boring and tiring.

„So, are you ready to go home?" Izel lightly smiled at Neville.

„No, not really. Gran's not going to like my grade in potions, she's going to scold me and then tell me how my mother was great in everything." Neville looked down sadly at his plate.

„Oh, don't worry, everyone's different, not everyone can succeed in everything. There's always something that people fail to do. And I mean your grade in Herbology is amazing! I'm sure she will be proud of that, Neville!" She tilted his head up with her hand and smiled reassuringly at him.

„Thank you." He blushed.

„No problem."

▕⃝⃤

Before leaving Hogwarts, she went to Hagrid to say her goodbyes to Leo, since she unfortunately couldn't take him with her. He neighed sadly, but seemed to understand.

After that they she and Neville said their goodbyes after leaving the train and Izel headed to her family, while Neville headed to his grandma, who had a stern look on her face. Izel didn't doubt that the first thing she was going to do is to ask Neville how his grades are.

Luna sprinted towards Izel and hugged her tight, their father joined in a little later too.

„I'm suffocating here, leave me some air please." Izel smiled, but she didn't deny that she had desperately needed that hug.

„When Dumbledore sent us that message, we were so worried.. what happened? He didn't tell us any details." Their father spoke with worriesome.

„Well, I kinda saved the boy who lived.. and the smoke from the flames must have damaged my lungs a little too much, so I passed out." She quickly made up a lie, she didn't quite want to tell anyone yet, well Luna knew, she gifted her that element book after all.