4. Lessons and making Friends

Upon waking up, Izel looked around in confusion, till she remembered where she was, she was at Hogwarts. Looking at the time, her eyes opened wide, she had slept in! She will have to skip breakfasts to make it to her first lesson, showering quickly and throwing on a new pairs of her school uniform, since she had slept with her old ones, she put everything in her bag, her wand in her skirt pocket and speeded out of the common room.

She sighed relieved as she saw that the others were just now coming out of the Great hall, going to their own lessons.

„Here, take this. We didn't get off to a great start and I don't really like you, but you should eat so you can strengthen yourself. We didn't wake you up, we thought you wouldn't take it well, since you ignored us in the dorm yesterday. Anyways, eat quick and walk to the potions classroom." Hermione Granger, the bushy haired girl had said, as she handed Izel a sandwich. Izel stared at her confused, asking herself why she was so nice to her, shrugging she ate the sandwich while walking after Granger towards their first lesson.

Entering the Classroom she sat down behind Potter and Granger, she got out a text book, a quill and a Ink container, then they didn't have to wait long as their Potions teacher appeared in the Classroom. Professor Snape, as she had read his name on her timetable, had walked in front of them taking the register, checking the presence of each student, he paused as he called Potters name and looked at Potter, lips forming into a sneer.

„Ah, yes. Harry Potter. Our new celebrity."

The white haired boy and two of his friends sniggered behind their hands, Izel just now noticed Mullins sitting by them too, starting to mimick their actions.

Professor Snape finished calling the names, putting the register on his desk and then looked at the class. „You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion making." He spoke in a sort of threatening voice, barely more than a whisper, he didn't have to put effort into keeping the class silent. „As there is little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly shimmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensuring the senses... I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death... if you aren't as big a hunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."

Silence followed the black haired Professor, Izel saw Granger straighten her back in order to proof that she was certainly not a dunderhead.

„Potter!" said Professor Snape suddenly and she saw Potters parents appearing, probably to check up on their son, having the side view of Potters parents, she saw James Potter glaring at the Potion teacher, while Lily done the same but sometimes else was in her eyes, sadness.

Izel looked away from them, not wanting them to notice her and looked at Professor Snape instead, noticing that he was already asking the next question to Potter.

„Let's try again. Potter, where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?"

In the stomach of a Goat. Izel thought but didn't bother to raise her hand, the questions were clearly for Potter and Professor Snape wouldn't pick anyone else.

Hermione had stretched her hand in the air, which their Potions Professor ignored.

„I don't know, sir."

Professor Snapes mouth turned into a small grin, clearly finding it amusing to embarrass him. It quickly turned into a sneer again as he talked again. „Thought you wouldn't open a book before coming, eh, Potter?"

Izel rolled her eyes as the white haired boy's group laughed against their hands again, as they clearly hadn't done opening books either, Izel figured. Why laugh at someone for something they can't do, when you can't do it either?