A Lovers Kiss (Bleach/Ichigo) Chap 24

You gulped a shock ran right through your heart.

“Yes, however even for the Shinigami it was a difficult choice. The Shinigami had to wipe out the Quincy… that was in order to prevent the destruction of the world.” Rukia said walking up to you all.

“Shinigami… destroyed the Quincy?”

“That’s right. There were no other options. It was in order to prevent the destruction of the world.” Rukia stated, “In soul society, those who belong to the order of Shinigami are commonly called ‘Balancers’ the amounts of souls in this world and in soul society are constantly evened out. Do you know why? If that is not done the balance between the 2 worlds would collapse, it will beckon their mutual destruction, and our job as Shinigami is to regulate the amount of souls in both worlds. Souls released from soul society are watched over my Shinigami and born as living things in this world. Souls that die in this world are sent back to soul society by Shinigami; hollows are no exception to that. And the whole cycle of souls has been entrusted to the Shinigami, soul society knew the quantity of souls and they could make adjustments with this world. However the Quincy appeared then.”

“The Quincy completely extinguishes a hollow that means that souls who come to reality don’t return to soul society. The souls would increase on the side of reality. Meaning that the world inclines toward the side of reality and soul society will spill over into reality. A chaos that mixes life and death. In other words, the destruction of the world.”

You almost felt your legs give out; this was hard to take it all at once.

“Since they first confirmed the existence of the Quincy, many years passed as soul society continued to appeal to them, ‘Let the Shinigami cope with all the hollows’ they said. However, due to their obstinacy, Quincy's didn’t try to accept that. As this was going on, the Quincy continued to grow in number. The cycle of souls continued to be in disarray. It was moving towards impending world destruction. And so, the decision was made to wipe out the Quincy. Is this what you would call Shinigami’s arrogance?” In a flash Ichigo was up the stairs and to Ishida.

You stood there for a moment, this was all sinking in. You would never believe that Shinigami were so capable of such… genocide. On the other hand they had a point. If the Quincy’s weren’t listening to reason something had to be done. You just thought that there could have been another way if they thought over it carefully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You hacked and slashed through the crowed of hollows surrounding you, after the story told by Rukia you decided to go after Ichigo. But then you lost sight of him and wound up fending off a horde of hollows. You drew your blade out of one and twisted it into another. You cursed under your breath; you didn’t have time for this. You needed to find Ichigo and fast.

As you’re raised your Zanpakutō to slice a hollow in half it suddenly disappeared. Through the corner of your eye you saw the hollow and many more being dragged into the air. Your eyes followed them gently as they landed on something… devastating…

“Holy… shit…” you uttered flabbergasted.

The hollow was as big as a skyscraper if not bigger. You saw as the many hollows ended up in its mouth and its cut them and ate them It was disgusting, even for a hollow. You wrinkled your nose in disgust.

“What kind of hollow eats its own?” You looked around and saw that the hollow took a considerable amount of its own out of the way. You smirked; maybe you would be able to find Ichigo better this way. You focused on Ichigo’s spiritual power.

“Got him!” You fought your way through hollows, as you tried to reach him.

‘She is improving greatly… You would be so proud, right Sachi?’ Urahara said as he watched you advance towards Ichigo.