Chapter 13

<< FON CARLSON >>

Fon turns her attention back to the barrier. Myrielle did it which allows Finn to enter. There's a hole in Prim's sacrificial barrier, but Prim's subconscious mind is reinforcing it automatically. She did not even feel the exact time that the hole was created.

However, Fon thinks that Myrielle should have entered as well, or is she planning to let other witches go in first? Or maybe, it's because Finn has no magick, and thus, has very little presence. She did not even feel him until he is already very close to her.

"I should head back," Utente says. "Let's see each other again, Fon."

Then his attention goes to Sven who is now starting to chant a sealing spell. He clicks his tongue and adds, "Dear Fon, stop giving your magick to undeserving witches. You are only allowed to give it to me and my partner."

He pauses again before continuing, "Or is it your way of showing defiance to me? But that's too soon, we can still–"

Utente stops and cocks his ears towards Sven's words. It's getting louder and her voice has started to sound high-pitched, but is it actually raspy? All Fon understands is that the voice that Sven is using is different. Is high-level sealing of dark witches require a skill that is akin to BeastMaster voice? Then that must mean I can also master it?

Then Utente's expression changes as if finally recognizing what Sven is chanting behind her. His eyes narrow at Sven and he poses to attack.

"You! That is the most hateful sealing tech–"

He wasn't able to continue when a physical hit on his face connects. Utente retreats from Sven. He touches his face, the part that Finn had just punched.

"That aura," he hisses.

He looks around and finally sees Finn who is standing close to him, but his aura is indistinct and vague. If Fon closes her eyes, she will also have a hard time sensing his approach. In fact, Utente passes his eyes on him and then, back again, as if confused that it was the aberrant Finn who hits him.

"Are you the one who punched me?" Utente asks, still uncertain.

Finn did not answer and instead showers Utente with a series of punches. Utente is still looking confused and the physical attacks continue until he finally gets a hold of Finn.

"You! I know you!" he screams. "I definitely know you!" Utente laughs and grabs Finn by the neck. "Are you trying to avoid me?!" Utente screams at his face.

Fon feels nervous, if only she can move her body, then she can help! A lot! She's afraid that Finn might die in his hands. She needs to move her body now, but the spell of that blasted dark witch still remains.

"Are you afraid I will recognize you?!"

She frowns. Did Myrielle and Finn already meet him in their previous missions? Did Utente get out of their hold and so he was never sealed? No, that should not be the case. It all feels strange.

Then she sees when Utente leans towards Finn's ear and is about to whisper something to him when Fon uses her magick so she can overhear.

"I will always know you, Seraphim. No matter what age you are."

Seraphim? Who is that? She thought. So, the aberrant is not merely an aberrant? Or he is, but someone a little bit different?

She is still mulling over it, when Sven shouts, "Now!"

"I do not know who you are talking about!" Finn responds.

Instead of shying away from the dark wizard's hold, he grabs his shoulders and pushes him towards us, towards Sven's sealing circle. To help, Fon activates her magick and helps Finn to make it easier for him to keep Utente in place.