Chapter 11

<< FON CARLSON >>

While Fon waits for the arrow to reach the barrier, she is looking around for any movements. Myrielle, who is outside the barrier, is waiting for her to destroy it.

The barrier should have been already destroyed, but when it started to dissolve, Prim subconscious mind offered her own life force to give to the barrier, which now gives it the reddish tinge. Unfortunately, a barrier created by the user's life force is at least ten times more effective than an ordinary one.

She returns her attention to the hand that grabs hers. It looks old, with dry skin and wrinkles. Then an old man dressed in a flowing black robe gets out of the portal. His head is covered in curly white hair that reaches up to his shoulders. He looks at least fifty years old. But what amazed her is the amount of negative power emanating from him.

"Hmm... So, this is the witch who gave us the power to be transported here," the old man drawls on. His voice sounds soft and airy. "Nice, nice, such an incredible potential," the old man comments.

Fon tries to take her hands away, but he is not letting go. There is strength in his grip that an old man should not possess.

"Stop it. We are here to decimate this place," a witch says who just passes through the portal.

And Fon thinks that she is the most beautiful witch she had ever seen. If the beautiful witch did not speak, she would never realize that she is a dark witch. Besides, dark witches are not known for their beauty. Something about their evil, ugly craft reflects in their physical appearance. However, it can be heard through her voice which is raspy and sounds like it hasn't been used for such a long time.

Then, Fon's attention goes to another two forms pouring out of the portal. She frowns, those are aberrants, probably hypnotized. Someone pounds on the barrier. She glances at it and sees the other aberrant in the Academy, Finn, who is glaring at the dark wizard and dark witch.

Then Myrielle approaches him and asks something, before crouching down. She starts to write circles on the ground. Either to destroy the barrier or to seal these two, whichever it is, they need to move fast.

<< MYRIELLE KLEINFELD >>

"Finn, who do you think is the dark witch?" Myrielle asks.

She already started writing a different kind of offense against Prim's barrier. The circle is aimed to attack the user who put up the barrier, which means it will attack the unconscious Prim. But she had no choice. With the appearance of these two dark beings, she needed to prioritize things.

"Rosa," Finn answers.

He is trying to pound on the barrier. He has already removed his robe and his arm muscles are straining against the barrier. But even with his amazing physical strength, an aberrant can never break this kind of barrier.

"Almost the same name as that annoying old woman then," she answers, remembering her past.

"The dark witch is just average. Fon can easily defeat her. But you should take note of that old man behind her. He is Utente, and he is incredibly bad news."

Myrielle raises her brows. Lately, Finn has been reading a lot about the sealed dark witches and dark wizards. In fact, he already knows more about them than her. He spends a lot of time in the Kleinfeld library after his physical training.

As suggested, her gaze shifts to the old man. "Utente..." she mutters, trying the sound of his name on her mouth. It sounds familiar. "You don't mean the only wizard included in one of the five most powerful dark witches and wizards of all time, the strongest wizard ever born, Xilinx partner?"