Chapter 12

<< FON CARLSON >>

Whatever Rosa throws at Fon, she throws it back with equal ferocity, if not more. She is certain that they both know that she is strong and more skilled than Rosa is. She can feel it. Rosa is at her limit and her attention is getting duller. Soon, Rosa will fall at her hands. She will be her first dark witch.

Then Rosa throws a huge sword made if ice at her. She is prepared to deflect it, but abruptly it changes course and targets the unconscious Sven who is beside Ayin and Cesky. In just one attack, a single sword will impale those three!

Before she can even think, her body moves on its own. She puts up a barrier and using her aura, she successfully protected the three unconscious participants.

Yet, it didn't stop there! The previously huge sword, separates into shrapnels, and passes through her barrier. Shrapnels that are composed of the same aura identical to hers. Her barrier gets confused and allowed it to enter.

She turns her attention to Sven, Cesky and Ayin. Her magick swirls and with all her might, she makes another barrier to protect the three. A different one that is not identical to the shrapnels' magick.

Successful in doing it, she is about to smile when she realizes that she forgot to protect herself. Shrapnels enter her body and she coughs up blood. Her body is in disarray. When she thinks of moving to the left, she would move to the right or stand up. When she commands her arms to move to the right, it will move to the left instead. She gives orders to different parts of her body, but every single part of her will do other things.

She glares at the dark witch. She's been fooled! This is the reason why ordinary witches fall to their demise when faced with a dark witch! They are all cunning and through experience they exploit the witches' hearts!

"Just as I thought!" the dark witch says gleefully. "No matter how strong you are, you are still an ordinary witch after all! A witch who can never catch up to a dark witch like me!" Rosa celebrates. Then, she creates another huge sword and let it hover on top of her. "Giving up your life for another witch is inconceivable. You are all dying because of your stupid sensibilities!"

She knew that she must move away from the spot, but if she goes too far. Sven and the others will be targeted again. She is about to create a different barrier, when suddenly, hot, sticky liquid splashes across her face.

She blinks, confused at what it is. She looks up and sees Rosa with a huge claw protruding from her stomach. A second after, the claw is retreats from her body, leaving only a gaping hole in her stomach. What follows next, is Rosa's body being thrown meters away from her.

"Really, this overly, passionate woman. I told her not to kill the person I give my mark on," Utente says. He tries to wipe the blood off his huge claws, but unsuccessfully doing it. Instead, he looks at her and says, "You are Fon Carlson, right?"

"You give me your mark?" Fon asks.

"Yes," he answers and smiles. His huge claws are getting smaller, and when it retracts into just iron hands, he wipes it again. "I've done what I here for."

"What mark?!" she asks again.

Utente cocks his head at her and wears gloves, hiding the weapon he used to kill his partner.

"Too many amazing witches. And a wizard too," he says, ignoring her question. "Especially you, Fon. You really are astounding as what Prim described."

She frowns, and yet, Utente offers his hands to her. Fon clumsily slaps it away.

"Hmmm, no love between us?" he smirks. "That can still change. I am not a lovable old man, anyway."

Utente waves his hand, and she feels that she is paralyzed on the spot.

"Still resisting," he comments as he massages his chin. "Even with this much magick I put into the paralysis spell. You really are blessed with magick, Fon. And in return, I can see it swarming all around you. It is enveloping you with such a heavenly light that I have never seen in my entire life. And mind you, that life is longer than you could ever imagine."

Then Utente touches her shoulders and she feels the healing spell that enters her body. It closes up her wounds that are incurred during her battle against Rosa. Although, her body is still moving in an erratic fashion.

"Don't worry abou the speel that puts everything in disarray. I cannot fix it, but it's only a temporary state." He withdraws from her and says, "There, you are all fixed up now. No rough movements, okay?"

But Fon answers him with glares.

"Hmmm, maybe you want a younger handsome man to heal you?"

Utente walks behind her and to the other unconscious participants. She groans, she needs to get away from his hold or else–Utente touches Ayin and slowly, he turns into Ayin's face. Fon pauses and looks at his ability. This is more than just glamour.

"Something like this?" Utente interrupts her thinking. "Such a good-looking lad. I wish I had his looks. Then maybe you can answer me properly instead of killing me in glares?"

Fon tries to speak, but her ability for speech is in tatters. Instead of a meaningful word, squeaks come out of her mouth.

"I guess you are currently cursing me, hmmm?" He moves back to her and leans over her. "Fon, if you like to be stronger and you realize that the magick and knowledge allowed to you by the Council is not enough, look for me. And we will both have a dear time."

"That, I promise." He pulls back and grins, as if he is a normal, frail old man. "Besides, I have a part of your magick because of the crystal," he adds and pats her head.

Utente looks around. "Well, might as well continue what Rosa came here for." He activates his magick and sends destruction outside the barrier. This time, the teachers outside the barrier are ready and they confront the magick head-on.

While Utente is busy wreaking havoc, Fon touches Sven's shoulders. She let her magick flow her, slowly, in fear that Utente might notice. The old dark wizard is correct. Her physical movements might have been stopped, but her magick still obeys her wishes.

Then, Sven's eyes flew open and gazes at her.

"I've given you part of my magick, Sven," she whispers, at least her voice is back, despite being scratchy. "Seal that man."

"That is Ayin! Why would I–" Sven narrows her eyes and adds, "I guess, it's not him. Who is that?"

"Sven, can you do it? That old man, I can't defeat him right now in my state," she admits.

Sven's focus goes to her arms and sees the blood on her face, body and her robes. Sven's eyes grow huge and she exclaims, "Oh!"

Exasperated, Fon orders, "Just do it!"

Sven takes a deep breath. "I can do it, but if I start chanting, the old man will realize what I am planning. He will go after me. I need someone to take his attention away from me."

"I can't do that. My body is currently in shambles. I am still trying to make sense of how to move it. I can help you with magick, but only in places that I can reach you."

"Sven, will I do?"

Both Sven and Fon look at the voice and find Finn crouching near Sven. Sven covers her mouth in surprise.

"Finn!" Sven exclaims again.

A/N: See you in the next chapter!