𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐴 𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑦

When Jihoon had managed to get a hystercal Fallon away from the swarms of people and ambulances surrounded by police officials, Fallon had collapsed in a heap in the safety of their base. Jihoon has crouched beside her, enveloped his best friend in his arms as the two mourned the last remainder of their family. This had gone on for minutes until Jihoon reluctanly separated himself, after guiding her to the couch where he retreated into the kitchen and made her a cup of coffee to stop her hands from shaking.

So there she sat, a blanket over her shoulders and a steaming cup of coffee that had begun turning her olive skin a scorching red. However, Fallon paid it no mind. She just stared blankly at the graffitied wall before her. 

" I think you'd might want to watch this" 

She didn't stir when Jihoon came up beside her, grabbing the remote and switching the small TV on the run down pedestal in front of him. The TV sprung to life as Jihoon stood on her right, his arms folded across his chest as they turned their attenction to the news report. 

"...These lables, 'terrorists', 'refugee', 'thug'. They're often used to get around the question, why?" Fallon heard Sam say as he stood before the senator and a bunch of represenatives in his brand new Captain America- Falcon suit. 

"Those settlements that happened five years ago, you think it's fair for governments to have to support them.?"  Lacont said.

"Yes" Sam shot back. 

"And the people who reappeared, only to find someone else living in their family home, they just end up homeless?"  The senator questioned.

Fallon let out a scoff at his words.

"Look I get it, but you have no idea how complicated the situation is." The senator proceeded.

"You know what you're right. And that's a good thing. We finally have a common struggle. Think about that. For once, all the people who've been begging and I mean literally begging for you to feel how hard every given day is. Now you know. How it feels to be helpless. Now if you can remember how it feels to be helpless and face a force so powerful it could erase half the planet, you would know you're about to make the exact same impact. This isn't about easy decisions senator." Sam told, a new vigour in his voice that stunned those around him. 

"You just don't understand." the senator muttered.

''I'm a black man carrying the stars and stripes." Sam said exasperated. " What don't I understand, every time I pick this thing up, I know there are millions of people who are going to hate me for it. Even now, here, I feel it. The stares, the judgment and there's nothing I can do to change that. Yet I'm still here. No super serum, no blond hair, no blue eyes. The only power I have is that I believe that I can do better. We can't demand that people step up if we don't meet them halfway. Look, you control the banks. Shit, you can move borders. You can knock down a forest with an email. You can feed millions of people with a phone call." He said to Lacont. "But the question is who is in the room when you make those decisions. Is it the people you're going to impact. Or is it just more people like you. I mean this girl just died trying to stop you and no one has stopped for a second to ask why. You've got to do better senator; you've got to step up. Because if you don't the next Karli will. And you don't want to see 2.0. People believed in their cause so much that they helped defy the strongest government in the world. Why do you think that is? Look you guys have enough power as an insane god does or a misguided teenager. The question you have to ask is how are you going to use it. " 

There was a silence that embraced the two as Fallon switched off the tv, leaning back as she bit back a proud smirk. 

"He did good" Jihoon muttered and despite her anger she couldn't agree more.

"Yeah, he did."