𝐢𝐱. 𝑆𝑝𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑥 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑁𝑖𝑐𝑘𝑛𝑎𝑚𝑒𝑠

" Keep your eyes weary and alert" Fallon spoke, her voice demanding yet trained. Karli pried her eyes where it was focused ahead to skim the side of Fallon's fixated face.

" You don't want to be obvious but not so much discreet where it looks suspicious. Deception is the key to success. Play with their minds." Fallon smirked,her eyes trained on the figure who sat stiffly by the park bench. A baseball cap rested over his head, shielding curious eyes that tried to grab even the most minuscule of glimpses. He was alone, perfect.

" You see Karli the mind can easily be persuaded. Our brains are working a million miles an hour. We think we're aware of ourselves, every second of every day but one second is all it takes." Fallon gave her a lopsided grin  as she held up the clip that was in Karli's hair. The teen's eyes widned, her hand brushing the spot the object was mere seconds ago. " Profit is sweet even if it's obtained by deception. Use what you were blessed with, curious eyes leads astray."

Fallon tilted her head, her eyes narrowing as the man dug into his pocket. A black hoodie clung to his torso, his muscles lining the material as he bounced his leg, it was almost as if he could feel he was being watched.

" You see him?" Fallon asked as she pointed at the aforementioned man. His back faced them, his shoulders squared as his head subtly looked from left to right.

" Yeah" Karli muttered, her earthly eyes flickering between Fallon and the unidentified man.

" He's a prime target, you know why?" She questioned, her eyes never leaving the silhouette of her next prey.

" Because he's alone?" Karli hesitated, fearful that she might of gauged the wrong idea. The last thing she wanted was to disappoint the black haired beauty beside her.

" Exactly" Fallon smirked, " But why is it dangerous?" Fallon looked down at Karli as her thoughts blended together.

" We don't know what to expect?" She frowned.

" That, and because it makes our job harder, no witnesses, no distractions other than yourself. If you don't play your cards right, your ass will be behind a cell before you can even blink. But if you succeed, the prize becomes ten times sweeter. So watch and learn kid, you're going up next."

Fallon slipped into the shadows as she watched families joyfully carry out their special treats for their children. Mothers and fathers stood with outstretched arms and coos taunting their lips as their kin lept from tall structures or slid down windy slides. Fallon could hear the laughter and atmosphere of the park. It was so lively and full of life. There wasn't a frown in sight. Fallon grimaced at the thought. There was once a time Fallon had brought Aura to this park. The memory left a bitter taste on her tongue.

She slipped on dark shaded glasses, concealing her cold blue malicious eyes that analysed every movement, every laugh, every reminiscent of her past.