𝐢𝐯. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑛

It happend so suddenly. No one saw it coming. Fallon had taken Aura out to the park when the air stilled and chaos erupted. Fear entwined their hearts as everyone's breathing slowed to a stop. Their hearts in their knees and confusion grippling their throat in a vine of complexity and dread.

People started appearing out of thin air as screams filled the streets. Fallon's eyes widened as she clutched Aura tightly. They rushed past the panicked civilians who were stumbling in blind consternation. Her eyes were blown wide in alarm as they sprinted as fast as their legs could carry them. Fallon ignored  Aura's disarrayed wails and pleas as she tried to grasp what was going on, she couldn't comprehend why there was so much fear.

Fallon eyed the streets as people materialised before her very eyes. They were back. The Avengers had won this time. Fallon gulped as she tightend her grip on Aura. The two girls tried to navigate back to their flat within the crowd while remaining unscathed . Fallon had dreaded the moment everyone would return, not because she didn't want them to but because they had all adapted to being without them, the sudden change would leave the government and its people in a conundrum. What were they going to do?

Fallon felt someone grab her shoulder as she was spun around, she dropped  Aura and swiftly planted her behind her as a hysterical man shook her with wide petrified eyes.

" Where is my wife? Where is she? What happened !" He screamed as he brashly shook her shoulder. His grimy nails digging into her skin. Fallon winced as she grabbed his hand and ripped it away from her. Her eyes withholding the same panic.

" I don't know sir, please I don't know " she said frantically as she picked up Aura trying to distance themselves as much as possible from the frenzied man. She scanned her surrounding, her eyes soaking in the faces of pother and horror . She caught the sight of her office building, it was safer than the streets as more and more people started emerging.

Fallon ran to the entrance as she dodged and ducked through the flying elbows and rattled bodies. Aura held onto her sister as the older woman ran.

She pushed the door open, the hinges flying backwards as the glass rattled. They made their way to Fallon's floor where reporters were frantic as they tried calling their loved ones or the authorities. The news reporters voice flooding the building. Fallon caught the quivering frame of her friend as she sat at her table shaking. Placing  Aura down but keeping her close, Fallon made her way to her friend.

" Nav?"

Naveen's head whipped up before launching herself into Fallon's arms. The woman held onto her friend as her sobs filled her ears. Fallon's heart was in shambles.

" Shh it's okay, it's okay " she soothed as she held the woman. Aura looked at them with saddened eyes, hating the fact she was seeing someone cry. Aura didn't like watching people so hurt, so sad. She would hear Fallon's hushed weeps when she had believed no one was near. She loathed it. Her sister was her hero and heroes didn't cry, they fought but Fallon wasn't a hero she was just a lost girl.

The two were startled when the phone began to ring, Naveen
shuddered as she held onto Fallon's arms for support. " I can't-, I- " she stammered as she rapidly shook her head. Her body trembling like a leaf.  " What if it's him, Fal I cant-" she sobbed.

Fallon wiped a stray tear as she reached over to the table where the blaring sound of the phone deafened their ears. " You can do this"

She took the phone off the holder and handed it to the girl. Naveen reached out with a shaky hand before the device was locked firmly in her grasp. Fallon watched her with concern as she watched the girl crumble.

" David?" she meekly choked out. When the reply came, the girl collapsed into agony as she whispered over and over how she was sorry and how she loved him. Fallon held her as she guided her friend onto the chair as the girl spoke in hysterics. Fallon felt Naveen's relief and longing as she spoke to the man she loved but lost for the past five years.

Fallon kissed the crown of her head while rubbing her arm soothingly before sending her an encouraging smile before she beckoned Aura who was watching Naveen with a frown instead of her usual Cheshire grin.

" Let's go home Aura"