43. UNSETTLING NEWS

🌸 A N E E L A 🌸

The days in Novyi Zem were flying by and it felt like Aneela just blinked and they were nearly at the end of their trip. Although it hadn't been the truly relaxing visit Aneela had hoped for due to the many appointments, it had been nice for Nikolai and Tamar to see her life in Weddle.

The ravkans spend the afternoon with some honorary citizens of Weddle while Aneela was working on her and Nikolai's new project in the construction hall. It felt good to work again, she had missed her workstation in the Grande Palace. Workers were passing by, the sound of machines was in the air, she saw her father running around here and there alongside her sister and everything felt oddly normal – ignoring the fact that she did miss her fiancé.

It was fun to work with him, he had a completely different view on things and gave their project new perspectives. Exchanging ideas and going over the things the zemini would do and how the ravkan would do it was fascinating and added even more possibilities to their ships and aircrafts that would one day rule the sky and the sea.

Aneela took a step back to inspect the pieces she just had modelled as she waited for Nikolai to get back from his appointment and they could eat dinner together. Somebody just walked past her on the other side of the room and when she turned her head, she was happily surprised to see that one of the workers who had been missing for the past couple of weeks had returned to the factory.

"Ah, Mr. Tande!" She called out and quickly wiped her hands with a ripped towel before approaching him. "Is everything alright? My father said you had to take some time off due to personal reasons."

The fjerdan nodded, trying a smile. "Yes, everything is alright, thank you, Miss Aneela. I just needed some time to figure something out but it's all settled now."

"That is good to hear. How is your daughter? Is she already here to visit you?"

He had told her that his daughter who was studying at the University of Kerch would spend the summer break here in Novyi Zem and visit him for two weeks before returning to Ketterdam to start her next semester.

"Yes, but she has already left again, her courses start on Monday."

"Oh, that's a shame," Aneela replied with honest disappointment. "I would have loved to meet her."

The man smiled at her warmly. "She would very much like to meet you as well. I will make sure to introduce you the next time she visits – Oh, that is if you are around in the weeks of her break, I hear one can congratulate you on the engagement. The prince seems like a good match for you, I wish you nothing but the best, Miss Aneela."

"Thank you very much, he is indeed." Aneela smiled brightly when she thought about Nikolai. "Would you like to meet him? He is picking me up for dinner in a few minutes, I am sure he would be delighted to have a conversation about your work and-"