Oct 18th 23 : looking around

Dear readers,

Yesterday was a beautiful day for your sweet author. I went shopping and, inspired by beautiful displays, I went home and moved every piece of furniture I own around. It was exhausting and my back failed me more than once. But I am so happy to write to you from my beautiful writing spot.

There is something so great in being inspired by beautiful things. It is why Pinterest exists. It is why the cover of a book or any piece of content is so important. It is why we all collectively tend to create things that are not only useful, they also need to be beautiful in order to be inspiring. No, I won't tell you to make your story "prettier".

Here are my limits: a story doesn't owe anyone to be useful or beautiful or inspiring. A story is, and you do you with it. What I want to tell you today is about yourself. Where could you go look for things that inspire you?

As you can understand now, my biggest goal is to stay on track for Nanowrimo. I wish dearly to win the challenge this year. And I hope you do too. We know by now what we can expect from writing everyday: a burnout and a lack of motivation to keep going.

So I have been trying very hard to prepare myself, to not be burned and not be lacking. That's why a lot of my advice is between the line of creating a lot of back bone to your story so you have minimal decision fatigue and how to stay motivated on your journey.

Today I am sharing one of my biggest strengths when it comes to motivation: I look around. I watch nano's vlog, I read nano's stories on wattpad, and I regularly check with the nano forums and website. I get inspired by others' journeys. I literally say to myself "if they can do it, so can you" even when our circumstances are wildly different. I won't care.

It's not about judging others or myself, it's about recognising that I have a purpose, they have a purpose, we are fulfilling it, it's beautiful. And inspiring. I am already so proud of what I did since the beginning of October, I hope you are too. And if that's it, if I don't go further for whatever reason, I will still be proud of what I have accomplished.

So don't forget to vote and comment. Go find some nano buddies on social media as the young says.

Until tomorrow, may you be inspired by some beauty.

Lady Light