Oct 13th 23 : a good cover

Dear writers,

I might feel a few eyebrows rising from the title of today's post but hear me out. We are writers, not marketers, designers, painters, or any people with the capability to create covers. Indeed, our weapons are words, dry humor and nasty thoughts. Today is not about creating the perfect cover for your book. It's about creating a cover for the idea and the project. Something to look at when you start writing, something to use on the nano website, share on social media. It can also be the cover of your wattpad book.

So for that I highly encourage you to go on Canva ... I know it is not everyone's cup of tea and if you have abilities that free you from the Canva flu, go on and have fun! For the rest of us I advise we ask canva a wattpad book cover template. Now you can pick and choose, no pressure to do what feels best for you.

I will simply enumerate what should appear on the cover :

a title, if you are like me, having big issues finding a good one, I have two solutions :

call it "project something". Your story is about a blue dog? Call it project blue or project the name of the dog.

call it "your main character name + the challenge" like I did "Victoria's Mysteries" even though I still struggle to not think about lingerie each time.

Your name, or at least your author name. I am a big believer in pen names. Please consider also adding your social handles. Just to help your readers find you easily.

something or something evoking the content of your story. I have suggestions :

Where is it taking place? maybe use it a background

Is there a special object or artifact? could be center

your main characters? they can appear too!

So now go on Canva, find some inspo on Pinterest, run for those who are still walking. Being a writer is also about working around your work of fiction and not just on the writing.

Please vote for this part and tell us if you enjoyed your little creative moment.

Until tomorrow, may you find the best pics free of copyright.

Lady Light